idk what to do for my babies pain she is teething and nothing seems to work

Hi I have 2 kids and with them for there teething I took a wash rag and ran water on it and then put it in the freezer for a while then after I got them out run water over it again then let him or her suck on it..try a few wash rags..maybe that will help if you havent already tryed. That always helped with my two kids..hope all is well..I know it can be tough for you as well as him or her.

There are SO many ways so I will give you what worked for myself and my friends!!

1. Getting a brand new baby wash cloth, washing it and then soaking it in cold water, putting it in a Ziplock bag and freezing it! THEN rubbing that on her gums, also giving it to her for HER to shove in her mouth and chew away on! The Chewing REALLY helps the teeth come through!

2. Getting a soft tooth brush and rubbing that with REALLY cold water all over her gums and new teeth! This will take off any sugars left behind after feeding!

3. Baby tylenol, I know a lot of practitioners don't believe in pain medication for babies, but the amount of Acetominiphine in Baby tylenol is minimal and takes that edge off the terrible pain she is in! I also say to my friends who's babies are hurting! "It's fine for these people to say don't give them any pain medications, but they aren't with you at 2 am in the morning with a baby WRITHING in pain! And when THEY are in pain, they don't just sit there and take it, they take something for it!"

4. Massaging their faces, I know this sounds a bit whacky, but it WORKS!! I used to massage around my son's jaws and up into their ears, and down their necks! This is where they hold the pain! Last night I was massaging my jaw - because I have a MAJOR toothache right now! And that's what I thought of when I used to massage my kids!

I hope this brings SOME releif to your little angel!!! :$ I feel SO bad for her and YOU! It's a hard time for everyone! Also if she has a sippy cup or takes liquids from a bottle, you can put a little bit of REALLY cold water in there too, so that is swilling around in her mouth when drinking! Good luck honey! It will be over soon - untill the 2 year old molars that is!!!! 8-|

I'd like to try this but what do you do to get it to work? It seems like the coldness would be too much. Do you need to use warm or cool water when you pull it from the freezer? I know that it seems a little weird, but I want to know what to do properly. Thanks!

Hi Blue Dog: Believe me it's one of the best ways to take the pain and swelling away! It doesn't matter about the temperature you soak the cloth in, as it will be really cold anyway. What you do is, you get a brand new baby cloth, wash it, then soak it in water and wring it out, then put it in a ziploc bag and freeze it! So the cloth is frozen but there is no ice cube around it! Due to the fact that it is a baby face cloth, there isn't too much terry cloth - as in hoops of cotton fabric to keep the water in - so it melts VERY quickly and gives your baby something to hold onto and then she can suck on it - just like a popsicle! You can also put your finger inside the wash cloth and gently massage you babies gums with it, this brings down inflammation and helps exfoliate the gums a little and helps the teeth break through easier, also keeps any milk or formula sugars off the gums and new teeth as not to cause cavities! Hope this helps!

Hey hope all is going well with your little baby and its teething..but I did find that an adult size rag is better than a little baby size but yes you can put cold or warm water on it and put it in a freezer bag or any zip bag..and plus my little ones would put the baby rags and stuff in mouth even when they were little so I would do bigger ones if you can so the baby doesnt stuff the little rag in its mouth and get choked so do the med..to larger ones it does freeze there hands but they enjoy it so much. but just let him or her have it a little at a time make sure the rag is clean before hand.and yes but a little water on it when you get it out of the freezer..trust me she or he will love it..and if you can you can put your finger in the rag and rub it on the gums and let her/he bite down that does help..if there is anything else just post back. good luck because I know its hard I have an 5 year old and a almost3 year old..

I hope all is well with you and your little one hope the teething is gone away for awhile and good luck to you.

Put some cognac on the places , just like a half of a drop, and it really helps, the baby will not get drunk and what is more the pain will go away. My friends grandma used it and it worked with alll her kids and grandkids.

I have heard this before but is it actually legal to do it? I would be afraid of someone finding out that I"d done it and getting in legal trouble or something.

It is similar to Oragel - it is the alcohol that actually numbs the pain for a short amount of time! Infact this method has been used for approximately 1,000 years!!!! It is well documented that women used to dip a cloth into wine and rub it on their babies gums! And I'm sure drink a glass too!!!! XD XD XD ;-) When I was younger my mother used Gripe Water on me, that had alcohol in it, and I used it on my eldest son, they replaced the alcohol with dill and anise and that helps too! ESPECIALLY their upset stomachs. As long as it is used SPARINGLY and with no intent to harm the child and it is just enough on the gums for them not to swallow any then it is fine! And I dare ANY government to take a poor parent to court, who is trying an old wives tale out! Remember it wasn't that long ago that we used to put butter on our burns! So things advance and some things stay the same! It's just when pharmaceutical companies sell it, it's "legal" - thus expensive! Old wives tales work quite well and often actually! They worked for my 2!

Haha thank you for making that funny and educational for me Bambi. Fragiledream, is that what you were talking about?