Ok...this is a long one but I think any of it might be relevant to solve the mystery:
My boyfriend has an autoimmune disease, and when he first got sick the doctors didn't know how to help him so they just gave him painkillers, and he ended up addicted to Oxycodone. During that time some of his friends who also used OCs moved on to heroine, and since he's a NY resident he would exchange their needles for them because they lived in NJ, where the needle exchange program is unavailable. For a while he was buying more than he was being prescribed from friends, and I couldn't tell if his symptoms were from his illness or his OC use. When he landed in the hospital I told his immediate family (who are all medical professionals). I did it out of concern so they and the docs could help determine what was wrong with him, and to avoid interactions. He was furious with me for telling, but he eventually stopped for a while. He was put on massive doses of prednisode and imuran for his illness, which helped his pain, but then when they started weening him off of those I guess is when he started using again.

When I caught him using about a year after I thought he'd stopped, it turned out he'd been on methadone for a few weeks already. His mom found him out before I did and made him join the program. During that time he supposedly lost his bowl (marijuana pipe) and would be smoking *something* out of little glass tubes (he called them glass roses) stuffed with copper wire (from a "Chore Boy" scrubber). He claimed he was smoking weed to help him eat since the imuran makes him quite nauseaus, but it doesn't smell anything like weed. It smells like horrible chemicals. He also still had tons of used OCs that come in a powder form wrapped in wax paper. He said he was afraid of throwing them away and getting caught (even tho he apparently isn't afraid to go buy drugs).
I accepted this until I found a few needles, which he claimed were the old ones he had meant to exchange for his friends. He has to get blood taken regularly because of his illness, and his decreased immunity also makes the scabs and scars stay longer, so it's immpossible to tell if the marks are from him or when he has blood drawn. But they always have a verrry hard time finding his veins because due to his illness, they're collapsed. So I believed him when he said he wasn't using needles.
Next came the little glass vials with white powder remnants in them. He claimed they were cocain for his brother.

I keep finding stuff in random places in the house, wondering why if he just has this stuff and is afraid to throw it away, why he'd be taking it out and leaving it around the house? When he was on methadone he was regularly tested for opiates and tested negative for the last few months of the program. Before all of this we'd both experimented with stuff, but I'd never tried coke and he told me he didn't really like it.

Recently I found more white powder out, and realized I'd never actually seen him take his suboxone. Since then when I ask him to take it in front of me he says he's either too tired or nauseaus, or already took it, even though he promised me he would show me. He gets all annoyed and defensive when I press it. Only one time he came up the stairs with a pill in his hand and said "here, see!" and shoved it under his tongue before I could see what it was. He says there's no way he could be doing OC on suboxone because it stays in the system for several days...

Here's the biggest kickers as of today: I finally talked to his brother (he had been telling me not because supposedly his bro didnt want anyone to know he used coke), and his bro swears my bf hasnt been getting anything for him. He says he can't do anything because he may get drug tested for a new job, and that he has no problem admitting to me that he has done coke in the past (he knew I was already aware he does other stuff too). The second thing that makes me sure my bf has been lying all these months is that i looked in this backpack where he keeps some of his drugs, and I found his bowl, which he supposedly lost, and a one-hitter, and a female piece to his bong, which he said he's broken. That was his excuse for smoking out of the glass roses.

So my main question is....what the hell is he doing?? Is is possible to smoke cocaine? How bad is that for you while on suboxone? Or is he just taking his suboxone sporadically and using OCs in between? Or all of the above? He doesn't sleep for days on end and then needs to sleep for like a full 24 hrs and has been having horrible stomach pain. Any ideas??

He is an addict. I have been there. He is getting all paranoid and yells at you because he is doing something wrong. He probably takes the box when he has nothing else to take at the moment. The box imitates his drug, which makes him feel better for the time being. You can't take the box along with his drugs of choice, they will make him sick. The box blocks the receptors in his brain, making him not want to take his drugs. I do not think he is taking suboxone at all. You can smoke coke. The little pieces of brillo or choir boy that you find are used as filters.
Your bf has a serious problem for sure. My daughter would sleep all day into the evening, then she would would start her stuff up at night. Bf needs a total change, maybe even a new Dr. He needs to be in patient for possibly 6 months, then daily counseling. My daughter has been clean for 7 months after heroin use and other assorted drugs. She is 27 and has been doing this since she was 14. She went cold turkey, but had no choice because i had her arrested. She spent 8 weeks in jail.
You need to let bf know what's up and that you are aware of his problem. If his fam i are medical people, they need to know as well. You may be saving his life, so speak up.

Hello

Your boyfriend is smoking crack. There is no reason for those pipes, and the chemical smell proves it. One of the problems with methadone program is that you meet more drug addicts and learn to use more drugs. Same with most counseling/dependency programs.

Your boyfriend needs to give his suboxone a shot, its a significantly more powerful opioid then the oxycontins are, 33 times the strength of morphine.

But it's a partial antagonist, meaning it cannot be mixed with any other opioids or it will precipitate withdrawals.

Tell him to quit, and steady himself on the suboxone, then try to take that as minimal as possible, and he will get that buzz he's looking for, no problem there.

He gets mad at you because he's lying and he knows he's lying but he will do anything to make you think otherwise. It's the nature of the addict.

You have several choices here. You can threaten to leave him and do so if he doesn't come clean, tell him you know what is happening and what he is doing, and you can't be with someone that lies to you - you love him and you only wish to help.

You can take all his drug paraphenalia, and drugs, and flush them down the toilet (except the suboxone and necessary meds)- he will hate you for a period, probably try to spite you by getting more, threatening to kill himself, dump you etc. But depending on the individual, sometimes tough love is the answer.

If he knows how powerful buprenorphine is, and how well it works once you're clear of other opioids, he'll have a change of mind!

Please, email me if you would like to talk. I"m 25 year old on subutex, off of all other drugs for 3 years now. Can help you with this, and would love doing so!

_[removed]_

or

_[removed]_

Thanks
Jeremy K

The "OC's" in the wax paper isnt oc's at all!!! Its heroin, dope, diesel, watever u wanna call it.. It comes in wax paper since its sumwhat sticky. N watever hes smokin out the pipe--if it smells like burnt popcorn its crack, but theres even a chance he could be smokin heroin...Also how does he act after he smokes..does he nod out(heroin) or is he very energetic..And this is coming from a recovering drug addict myself who dated another drug addict- Your wasteing your time, and you think you can save him, but the fact is he'll never change unless he really wants to. The first step to rehab is admitting he has a problem, which doesnt seem like its gonna happen. Hes obviously lying to you and u need to get out and forget about him and start thinking of yourself.. U dont kno how many times i would think omg is he doing this or is he doing that?But you know what--is he thinking that about you> f**k NO!! hes thinkin bout how he can get his fix..U need to leave him and start thinking bout yourself!!!!

the powder inside the wax paper is heroin. and hes smoking crack cocaine. deffinetly!

Your boyfriend is smoking crack they are rose pens and you need to insert a piece of choirs boy on one side .... Definatelt not a way to smoke mj. This leaving a while residue mark on the pen looking like vail....

Sounds like hes freebasing cocain to me

People smoke crack from glass roses with chore in them, I'm not a expert on drugs being smoked, but I do know for a fact that's The main use of rose and chore.. crack is made of cocaine and baking soda(usually cooked with water in a spoon)into little white rocks which are placed in the chore in the glass stem lit with a high flame(lighter) and smoked,and smell like chemicals,,it's a very bad addiction but not as bad as heroin addiction at least not for quiting often times people will do both together called speed balling and is very dangerous becuz your heart doesn't know what to do speed up(cocain) or slow down(herion). If you can catch him when he's high and tell him you know that's a crack pipe and not used for weed, most people I've experienced (too many BTW) have trouble lying at the peak of The crack high, so when you smell the nasty chemical smell that's a great time to confront him.good luck..