My daughter lost her suboxone bottle and committed suicide about a week later. She left a note saying she couldn't stand being an addict any more. But she had made plans for the next day. She had a lot of her Paxil, a little alochol, and a lot of cocaine (not her doc, that was benzos), which caused a heart attack. I am piecing togehter that she felt suicidal and went out to get whatever she could that might kill her. Or that she went out to get suboxone on the street, ended up with the coke, and oon impulse took whatever she had hoping she would die. my poor baby. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I am so sorry. How old was she? How long had she been on suboxone???

I am at a lost for words for your lost. You and your daughter are in my prayers. Your daughter is not alone I who have not had a negative thought in over 30 years tried a fatal suicide attempt nine days after my last Suboxone dose. Now Reckner Pharmacueticals wants me to sign a medical release form?

My sister Amanda took an overdose of crack and benzos. She tried rehab many times but she always relapsed. She was only 29 and I was 22. I hate being withouther speciallywhen my dad accidentallyoverdosed a year before at 46. I have those feelings of suicide too. But I can't leave my mom with 2 dead daughters and an ex husband dead. I'm sorry for your daughter. Its hard to be sober...even loving someone so much like your mom can stop using

My 26 year old son shot himself and died while withdrawing from suboxone. He was 9 days into the withdrawals and was on a Xannax and wine. I feel your pain. While they are out of pain, we all will suffer till our death. I often wonder if the xannax and wine or was it just the Suboxone withdrawal? My condolences.

My 26 year old son was on suboxone for 5 years. In his attempt to taper he ended a 9 day journey with gun on June 18, 2014. Committed suicide. No one should attempt to get off without being in a clinic with the protection of the experts.My son's Doctor sold the drug out of his office. I wonder about that? Did he want my son to get off the drug? It is my understanding that this is meant to be a bridge between heroin withdrawl and freedom from dependence that should only take a few weeks. I may be wrong

My 40 year old brother committed suicide three days after stopping suboxone. Gunshot wound to the head. I found his body. Suboxone is deadly.

My son who was addicted to heroin 10 years ago, and was on Suboxone for five years and was trying to taper himself off of the Suboxone. Well, he was going through such agony that he got cocaine off the street (which was not his drug of choice), went berserk, and shot himself in the head right in front of me. He was 33 years old, going to college and getting all As, and had everything going for him: A great sense of humor, health, and good looks, but could not beat his terrible addiction. The suicide was a shock because he never talked about harming himself. I find his passing unbearable, and I feel deeply for anyone who has gone though the same experiences. I try to make sense of it, but I will never know the real reason for his addiction and his suicide.

coming from someone who HAS to take suboxone daily, even in the am when i don't have enough in my system the thoughts start..... 'suicidal' thoughts. i'm staying on suboxone for the rest of my life, it's the only drug that's helped. once i take my medication i'm good, but that first wake up is killer. i wouldn't even chance the thought of horrendous it would be coming off of this drug. i've come off of other drugs, opiates, and that's why i'm staying on this for life. don't let anyone fool you, if someone has a big enough habit/tolerance to an opiate, the withdrawal is like crawling the a hell that is indescribable to someone who hasn't been there. so, yes i think it would do that, i understand anyones desire to want to come off of it, but i don't think they're educated enough to wean themselves properly. the heavy opiates are no joke to withdraw from, i attest to that, not just physical, the mental part is gut wrenching. my experience is that dr.s don't yet know what they're playing with here. they don't have a clue. but i do believe opiates are the only effective treatment for depression and bipolar. you'll find many times people who are addicts have had trauma in (early) life. opiates are the comfort they could only imagine ... they feel like they've hit 'home'. just know this, if he's gone....he was in enormous pain here. i know you wouldn't want to watch him suffer out another few decades, in complete mental anguish. he saw what was coming, his head couldn't find any hope. i 'get' it, and if he was suicidal, the dude was in some serious pain. if you can find any comfort in that, i speak from someone who relates to him. if i had the guts i'd do it, life is agonizing for some. the 'normal' ones can't begin to comprehend the depths of despair that exist.

Wow

I am currently weening off Suboxone. I drink a little because I have pain I'm my intestines constantly . I also too suffer from depression and anxiety . I am trying to talk myself out of these bad thoughts but its trying to consume me..

I know the feeling very well. I often wonder how many of us take our own lives during withdrawal, a feeling most doctors will never know. A rollar coaster I've been on for decades. I will forever resent the suboxone doctor, a legal drug dealer.
I hope your pain lessens

Write on paper "don't kill yourself", then write the names of the people it would destroy if you did. Look at this paper as often as you need.

I have been on Suboxone for 7 years
Before that 1 year methadone clinic
And now I am so depressed anxiety disorder and the pain is so bad I no
What it like to feel they are no hope
But look on the brite side