My spouse has been abusing percocet & xanax for years, recently OD'd almost died. he's now on suboxone and trazodone taking suboxone as prescribed but abusing trazodone. How dangerous is this?
,

Hi:
I'm sorry about your troubles. I think that the withdrawal drugs are a lot less dangerous than the abuse of the percocet and xanax. If he is able to stick with it, he will be in a much better condition, as you know. The suboxone, if it goes that way, does have withdrawal symptoms, but as you have seen in many of the posts on this site, people are successfully withdrawing from that drug. You can consult with his doctor. Try to focus on the lesser of the evils, so to speak. It sounds like there is a plan of recovery in place. Be sure that your husband is in an environment that would give him access to medical care, if needed. Good luck to both of you. Please let us know how he is doing.