:-( My husband has gone thru rehab with suboxone and said the doctor just stopped giving to him is this normal. I have(I know) feeling he has started back drinking and smoking crack again could this be the reason the doctor stopped giving it to him. Thanks We have gone thru methadone ,loracet , addictions and it never seems to stop one to the other. i did crack and tried to commit suicide a year ago. iI realize this isn't the life i want and so tired of fighting him and his addictions. I love him but don't know if there is any end to it all. I have made a great change in my life without any help but determination, i need help and advice i don't have anyone to talk to any i know that i do not want to go back to that kind of life. My husband of 30 years doesn't see anything wrong. Please help.

Hi. It is not normal for a dr. to just StoP giving their patients suboxone. Its unsafe and illegal as a matter of fact. Unless they properly tapered him off. If thats the case, then im sure you would have known about it, but if he just came home one day and said "My damn dr wont write me anymore scripts" then hes prob lying to you, and choosing other drugs! I hate to say that, because i dont know any of this for a fact. What i do know, is that ive been on subox for over a year, and its a looong process, especially the more of a "junkie" the individual patient is, both mentally and physically. You know?

So i dont know what else to tell you, but to keep trying, and maybe you guys are great for one another. Sometimes 2 people continue bringing the worst out of one another. ive been there. I remain "long distance" friends, with an ex that i love dearly, whom loves me also, but we both sought out help, and have significant others now, and talk here and there and will always love one another, but seperating was one of the better decisions we've each made! We have tried to hang out and just chill, but always end up talking about going to score someplace, because thats what our relationship was based on in the past, and all we knew with each other.

You can do anything you put your mind/heart to. So can he. Its all about the want.

Try to get yourselves back in another program with another doc also. And be honest with him/her ahead of time, if you both have other drugs of choice.

for one thing suboxone is not illegal. A dr has to take certian classes to be certified in substance abuse like mine. Any true Dr. who has spent the time getting on the suboxone program isn't going to play game with their patients. I did methadone for 5 years at an outpatient clinic. Worst decision of my life, they treat u like numbers. And suboxone has been availiable longer than we know. find a reputable dr. And the hard part for you is getting you spouse to admit he is ready to be clean. It doesn't matter how much you or your family want it for him he has to be ready himself. A personal dr who is also a substance abuse dr is a good alternative. I'm not huge on miracle drugs and don't trust many drs. but I now that suboxone will make me clean one day and methadone wont the outpatient clinics only care about your money. Do not listen to anyone tell you suboxone is illegal. I get my filled by my dr every month at CVS pharmacy and so far is a life saver, expensive without insurance but less than doping up. If u have questions please contact me, I don't mind. I'm 28 female and have been married for almost 10 years Im in treatment my husband isnt. I'll be glad to listen. Talking does help. And the only way a dr could remove a pt of of suboxone is if he was testing for other drugs that put him at risk. may be a conversation u want to have. A dr wouldn't just do that. They random drug test and mixing drugs with the suboxone like xanax can kill u along with others. I had to sign a no use policy for my treatment and my treatment is willing, no trouble or court order. If I can listen I'm here

jamielove wrote:

readytolaughagain wrote:

:( My husband has gone thru rehab with suboxone and said the doctor just stopped giving to him is this normal. I have(I know) feeling he has started back drinking and smoking crack again could this be the reason the doctor stopped giving it to him. Thanks We have gone thru methadone ,loracet , addictions and it never seems to stop one to the other. i did crack and tried to commit suicide a year ago. iI realize this isn't the life i want and so tired of fighting him and his addictions. I love him but don't know if there is any end to it all. I have made a great change in my life without any help but determination, i need help and advice i don't have anyone to talk to any i know that i do not want to go back to that kind of life. My husband of 30 years doesn't see anything wrong. Please help.