i just joined and wanted to let some people know about my experiance with drugs. i started being perscribed perc's then oc's years ago after back surgery. i was on for a year or so(not really sure). the day after i took my final pill i started getting flu like symptoms and just assumed i was getting sick. the following day i felt even worse, couldnt sleep,had extreme muscle aches, anxiety, etc.... after doing s some research i found out it might be withdrawl symptomes which i knew nothing about. i took an oc 20 i got off a friend and almost immediatly felt better and that was the start. i had no choice but to take to the streets to keep myself functioning properly enough. i was in college and couldnt spend my days laying in bed sick. i started by buying oc 40's off a friend for $25 a pill but as my tolerance grew it put a major hit on the pocket book so i started getting 80's down in mexico for $15 a pop. in my peak i was up to around 8 80's a day. after 2 years of that i joined a methadone clinic and flushed the rest of my pills. my plan was to be on meth for 1 year then be free of my addiction. i spent 4 years at that hell hole and hated every second of it. i never hard a dirty urine so i was able to come once a week but that was still to much for me. they opned at 5am and i work early so i arrived eery wednesday at 4:45am to a huge line. finally i realized enough is enough and decided to switch to suboxone. i was on 150mg of meth at my peak and slowley rammped to 30mg over a long period of time. two friday's ago i took my last dose of meth because i was to start suboxone monday morning. i used a fast acting opiate (percocets) saturday and sunday to keep me from getting sick during the weekend and found that 2 500mg percs was more then enough at a time. i took my last perc around 5pm sunday night and went to the dr at 8am monday. when i got there i had mild anxiety and my legs were in a little pain but i was nowere close to being totally sick. he started by giving me a quarter pill every 20min and i was deathly afraid i would go into extreme withdrawl but with every pill i felt better and better. it was wonderful. i left that office with a script and feeling 100%. i have been on suboxone for 8 days now and feel so much better then i did well on meth plus my insurance fully covers the dr visits and i only pay a $10 copay per month which sure beats the $100 i threw down every week at the meth clinic

my step dad was addicted to vicodin for twenty years, then oxy the last 5 of those years. would take whatever he could get his hands on...some days 25-30 10 mil. vicodin and other days like 10-15 oxys he had a stroke cause of his blood pressure being so high and didnt even know it. So i had to deal with a step dad addict, he was taking enough to kill himself. hes been off for a year now. he takes the meth..... its just like him still being on pills. he still takes enough of them to get so messed up he falls asleep in his chair(where he has slept the past ten years of there marrige)with cigs lit and burns himself and the house nearly completley down. My mom is in denial saying well at least hes off the pills!!! im like sh&& he acts the same way as when he was on them. a bit bitchier but still can tell hes pill FU&^%$.

my husband has taken pain pills since he broke his leg in high school of and on like 7 yrs. he dont go around buying them from ppl but if he has them he takes them. one time he took 45 vic. in two days. the next 40 perc. in two days. i hate pills i hate everything about them. my whole fam is an addict to something.me i just quite smoking weed about a month and half ago. MY mom divorced my dad because of weed then married a freaking pill addict. when my husband went through withdrawal after taking all them pills i said enough was enough. i quit smoking now you quit popping pills. the thing is, is he has a bulging disc pinching his siatic nerve so he is in pain. i try and hide any pills he gets but he always manages to find them, he addicted when there in front of him but hes fine (on the outside anyways) when he dont have them. i just dont know what to do. i dont want to be married to someone who reminds me of my step dad. gettting so pill whacked you cant get it up. dont sleep in teh same bed always pissy, i cant do it. and i dont know how to help him

Vangie I'm sorry to hear how you've had to deal with two addicts in your life and I know it can be so sad to deal with that. LEt me know if there is anything I can do to help!

how do i get my husband to see that i dont want to be married to some one like my step dad!!!!!!!! oh and its thee addicts! ive been having to get my dad pot because he cant get anymore!!! its so hard but i cant tell him no! i dont want him to be disappointed in me. that was one of our bonding things ya know. go to his house and smoke til we choked lol now i quit nad its like we have nothign in common. it uscks i miss it so much! i feel like i disappointed him for some reason. and i cant tell him no that i wont get him pot cause hes fifty has glaucoma and mild parkinsons...so i know he needs it it helps him it really does. and i know how he feels when hes out!!! he goes though the same thing i did!! i just dont know what to do with any of them!!!!!