Have any of you had a bug in your ear? Well I got a good size beattle in my ear, it flew right in there. Called the nurse help line and tried flash lite, sucking it out with a baby nose cleaner and then they said to put baby oil in there to kill it. The oil will weigh down its wings because it was trying to fly. Oh my. that hurt sooo bad that I was crying. Well the baby oil after awhile it stopped from trying to fly and they said to try to suck it out. It didnt come out for over a year! My doctor couldnt even get it out without havng surgery. It made me have some hearing loss. I think the oil made it stick in there more but it didnt help that the bug was in so deep. Has anyone had anything like this?

how in the world did u get a bug in your ear?????

I know it sounds strange, but its true. I was in my kitchen with my husband and this beattle type bug flew right in there. The pain was so harsh. being in there over a year I have trouble hearing sometimes. Like it is blocked.

This happened to my daughter today and OMG i about died for her she was in so much pain. We spent 3 hrs at the ER because her doc couldnt get her in until 2 and this was at 8 in the morning anyways they tried vacuuyming it out then they tried to use these long tweezer like things then they tried to irrigate it out. After all that and all that agony she was in they told me to take her to an ENT. Well about 2(lol i know) she got to see an ENT and it took this woman about 20 sec to get the dang thing out. Tell me why when they saw what it was didnt they just tell me where to take her. My baby was crying so much and so loud they said they could hear her in the lobby. I was crying because i couldnt do anything....i am so glad its over.

I am so sorry to hear that your daughter had such a hard time. I heard that the best way they can actually get rid of a bug in the ear is to drown it with water or oil. It turns out that is the best way to do it as there was a doctor who did a test and found that was the best way, but I don't think that all doctors know about it.