I have a question that really drives me crazy. Few months ago I married great man, and I will never regret this. Problem is that I met his cousin and found out he’s got lymphoma. Since my husband’s grandfather died of non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, which makes me worry. I would like to know if my child is in risk group, or is lymphoma hereditary.

Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma is type, or one group of tumors. They arise from the white blood cells, or so called lymphocytes. Lymphomas are grouped into three categories, and that’s way to check difference between different types of the same disease. Type depends on the tumors level of activity that is performed in organism of patient. According to this, lymphomas could be low grade, intermediate grade and high grade. Tumors occur more frequently in people who have received organ transplants. It’s because of the using of immune suppressing medications. Also, people with AIDS are at a higher risk for developing lymphoma. There is no single defect that alone causes lymphoma, but hereditary factors, childhood lymphomas and high grade tumors are closely associated.