To whom it may concern,

This all started probably back near the end of march. My girlfriend and i have been together for year and a half. I'm in the navy so we have a long distance relationship going on with me only seeing her on the weekends or when i take leave to go home and see her. Well i am separating from the navy within the next few weeks and she is now telling me that she is having some mix feelings about us now. She is telling me that she still loves me and all but she just doesnt feel the same way as she did before. I dont know what to do because now it seems like she gets mad at me for little things that i say or do for her ex. ill buy her some flowers online you know and send them to her and shell call me and get angry with me now asking me why im buying her flowers. I tell her because i love her and i know its difficult for us to be apart. Im just so confused on what to do right now with her. Like i said im getting out within the next few weeks and now i dont know how things are going to work out when i move back home for good. Does anybody have any advice for me or any suggestions on what i should do?

Talk to your girlfriend so you both know whats going on. If I've learned one thing about a relationship its to communicate with one another. Ask her directly whats wrong and whats there to do to fix it.

Many couples think that they can handle a long distance relationship, but it is very hard. Many try to keep the relationship as stable as possible but there are so many outside interferences. She may me in the thinking stage of wanting to be with someone else, for your sake, i hope not. If she gets angry because you make a beautiful gesture of sending her flowers, that's not good. I would have probably got mad just cuz she got mad first.
When you come home, you must have a heart to heart with her. You will probably be able to tell right away where her head is at as soon as you get off the plane, (bus, train, etc.)
I'm sorry for you. I know having someone waiting at home for a long time helps many of out young soldiers make it thru the day and nite. But you say you saw her on weekends, that's not to bad as i could see if you saw each other about once every six months.
I would surely get straight to the bottom of her indifference, but be careful and be prepared for some bad news. I'm not saying that's what it is for sure, but you may be in for a let down. :-(