What are good sport drinks for hydration? Everybody is talking about hydration and put a great emphasis on it so I’d like to know how to how to hydrate myself properly and is it enough to drink just water or sports drinks are necessary. I only know that I shouldn’t be drinking sodas and fizzy drinks.  I have many things to learn, right?

You sure do! Anyhow, there are people who believe that water is just enough for hydration because everything else contains substances that are in a way artificial and that those drinks are not so healthy. But on the other hand after strenuous training, you need to replenish your body and sports drinks are created in order to achieve that. I think that it’s about electrolytes. When you practice a physical activity, the level of electrolytes in your body reduces and you need to increase them and isotonic and sports drinks are excellent for that. But, you can decide on your own, because, for example, I drink only water because it’s enough for me and since I’m not a pro runner and I don’t exhaust myself too much.

I like to drink liquids with a little substance when I run to keep my energy level up.

I actually work for a marketing company promoting the new Snapple Antioxidant Waters and I have been running with these lately. They are super tasty and the antioxidants help protect against tissue damage.

Check em out!

It is really all about what works for you-- all trial and error. One of my favourtie drinks is accelerade, which is unique because it contains a 4:1 protein ratio. It is really good for long distance runs, try it out!