Hey - I just had THD one month ago. It was basically painless in comparison to what I've been reading about here. And - the best part is I am free from all the problems I had been living with for so long!

The procedure consists of the surgeon putting a suture around each of the arteries that leads to a hem and tying it off so that its blood supply is gone. Then, any prolapsing hems are sutured up. I was in and out (of outpatient surgery) in a few hours. No before surgery clean-out, no special diet before or after. Just a little discomfort which is solved with Tylenol or Vicodin (I never took the full dose).

The biggest problem I had was finding a surgeon. This procedure has been done for at least 10 years in Europe, Asia, Japan and elsewhere, but is still very uncommon in the US. Luckily, there is a doctor who does it 4 hours from my home. (I would have gone to another state if need be!). The primary care physician through my insurance would not help me at all and was pressuring me to do stapling. I ended up paying out of pocket, but it was definitely worth it.

Besides THD, it is also called Doppler-Guided Hemorrhoidal Artery Ligation. Do some searches and you will find many papers on it. Good luck everyone. I just had to make this known. I had been suffering a long time and I'm now FREE! Yay!

This seems like a wonderful procedure, I'm having IRC done now, just had my first treatment done, i have bleeding hemms that prolapse but them go back in on their own after a bit, I think its just one but im hoping irc helps! I hate living with these things!

where is that doctor located? all i hear in los angeles is pain, pain, PAIN from it, and a lot of bleeding meaning they did it wrong. and then the only positive posts are actual surgeons who do the procedure. i don't want lies. I want to get fixed. Where is that Dr. of yours??