Halo..my husband had hodgkins lymphoma and has been off the chemo for almost 3 months after having 16 sessions of therapy....so I just want to know will it be to late for us to have babies? Would the chemo have affected his firtility.....is there any other cases of someone that is in the same situation and eventually got pregnant?

Hi Carly,

For some men it is possible.  It depends upon the dosage of chemo as to the effects.  Even then, it can be temporary or permanent depending upon the drugs.

A sperm count can easily be performed.  It will let you know immediately what the effects have been on your husbands sperm.

He should see his urologist.

Good luck.

Thank you very much.....and I just want to know one more thing...before he started chemo he did the sperm banking thing to save some of his sperm for the future, but he said there was nothing to help him masturbate and he produced very little flued....is that going to be enough sperm to get me pregnant through insemenation? Although it was like just one drop?

Carly, it's not the quantity of semen so much as the quality. It only really takes one healthy sperm cell to fertilize the egg. Your fertility specialist can help.

Try the sperm count though. Maybe you can do this naturally.

Keep us posted please and best of luck.