Hi, can anyone provide me more information about metastatic melanoma, as my mother was diagnosed with it recently. What is the outcome of this disease?

Hi, you are lucky if she has noticed it in time and has no metastasis. There is always a chance to have it cured and live more, but with metastasis these chances almost don’t exist. My father has been diagnosed with metastatic melanoma that spread to liver and lungs. Surgeon decided to stop the operation when he saw there was no point to take out half of the lungs. He had to live on morphine and other opioid drugs for the rest of his life. The first step is to start chemotherapy and radiation, or surgery if it is considered to be more effective. The extent of the disease and general state of health are factors that determine which treatment is the most appropriate.