hi im after a bit of help well n e help at all my mom is a alcoholic and has been for over 30 years she is drinking 1liter of vodka every 1 and half days, she had to go to the doctors the other day and they rushed her stright to hospital, she has a inflamed liver and is not in a good way her heart stopped and she had to be brought back to life, and the day this happened she promised me that she wud never touch a drop again as this had scared her, she has been in the hospital for 4days now which means she has not touched a drop i was with her yesterday and she seemed to be getting better. then we recieve a phone call from the hospital early hour this morning say she has had anotha funny turn and shes ripped all her drips of her and was trying to leave the hospital and has fell over i thought she was getting better but now it seems like she is really stuggling i just doont no what to do, if she continues to drink she is gunna die (FACT) and she nos this, i understand this is gunna be the most hardest thing to do but she has all her family around her who are willing to help im just scared she is gunna leave the hospital and start drinking again.

This would have to be a very hard time for you/family right now. Have you ever considered how your mum is feeling? Is she feeling lost, going through a divorce/breakup? A single mother, having a hard time paying the bills? Im not being rude or anything and i understand how your feeling, but try and put yourself in your mums shoes. Sit down and have a chat with her and ask whats going on. Be their for her, listen and offer advice.

Good luck.!

In reality, no one can save her but herself. If she truly wants to recover and feels ready then she will. You can't force an alcoholic to get better. It's like telling an anorexic to just eat a burger. It doesn't work. On the other hand, I know what it's like to have an alcoholic parent. Both my parents are alcoholics, and my father is extremely abusive both emotionally and physically. If you need a chat feel free to private message me.