My dad's been drinking for a week and now trying to stop...he's an alcoholic, was sober since december...He will not go to detox, wants to be brave on his own....Anyone have any tips on how to help the shakes ?? Help is really appreciated, Thanks in advance

How is your father? I did not see any replies to your question, did you get any response? I know, it's been months, but I wondering how your dad was doing. You are a good child.

Hi to all,

Don't worry kid.... Im sure your daddy will be fine soon because he is brave.. He face the reality.. He is the one who decided to stop drinking beer.. So relax.. And pry to god..

Good luck to your daddy..

**edited by moderator**

Quitting any addiction on your own is very difficult, and doing so alone is even harder. I know that he wants to be brave on his own, but he may want to consider enlisting professional help to help with the shakes. Professionals know how to handle difficult situations like this and he'll be better off in the long run. I know it's hard, but he should talk to someone about it. I wish you and him both luck in recovering. It is very hard, but ultimately very worth it.

I Am 36 and started drinking heavily 2 years ago.... I have the shakes too m my daughter is 16 and now that I have pain on my right side and I shake she is going with me to the hospital... Baby u have to go with him to the hospital and show him all the love that's in your heart and let him know that u need him and u want him to get better.... I don't want to stop trust me ... I drink because i don't want to feel the pain I feel but when my daughter sat and talked to me I knew that I would die and I'm a single mom and she needs me... I want to drink but I want to be there for her.. Just show him understanding regardless of why he is doing it.. Why he is in pain... Hold him and be understanding and show him that u have his back no matter what .... I shake and I know why.... I drink alot n that's why I'm on this site I am going go to the hospital today.. My father died in colombia where I'm from choking on his own vomit and my sister found him dead.. He drank alot and his family still does.. I don't want to die ... And I know u love ur dad like I did and my daughter loves me... I would love to speak to ur dad I know the pain he feels and what he feels to an extent of why he drinks .... I wish u the best and love