I am 20 years old and for many years my friends and I played "ball tapping" where your main objective is to hit an unsuspecting friend in the testicles and see if you can make them fall to the ground. Well for about 6 to 7 months now my left testicle hurts any time I exert myself and it sometimes swells up. one of my friends said he thought it might be cancer after I talked to him about it. He said that as many times as I have been "ball tapped" all that damage can cause cancer somehow. Is he just screwin with my head or is he serious??

While it probably isn't cancer, the swelling and long term pain mean something is wrong. You need to discuss it with your family physician. S/he may refer you to a Urologist for a more detailed exam.

i had this also, my doctor put me on an antibiotic and it went down and never came back dont worry

My husband had an UTI, was put on antibiotics and it went away. However, it is now a year later and another UTI happened and won't go away. He found out he has inoperable colon cancer that has jumped directly to his bone marrow. Don't underestimate what your body is trying to tell you. HIS UTI meant something more.

I experience the same problem and I am doing some research an d I found that the issue could be from your testicle twisting in the scrotum. It cuts off circulation to that testicle and essentially could die If it does not twist back. The reason the pain only last only a little bit of time is because it eventually untwisted itself.this can be caused from inadacuate tissue growth holding the testicle in place. And in your case it could be from getting ball taped so much it tore that tissue away causing it to twist. Hope this helps.