i'm a 16 year old male and i've had a lumpy ball above my left testicle for 2-3 years now. and i was wondering what it could be? could i have cancer??!!

also the lumpy ball is not attached to the testicle it's attached to the cord right above my left testicle, in the scrotum, what could this be??? also when i lay down it seems to go away completely...so can anyone tell me what this could be??? thanks!!!

can someone please give me an answer??? i'm really worried this could be cancer, but i'm not sure. please somebody respond!! thanks

i just recently discovered that if i stand up and strain it seems like the lumpy ball gets bigger. and when i quit straining it goes back to normla size. (kinda like a vein) could i have varicosle (sp?) b/c i don't think testicular cancer would do that...PLEASE SOMEONE RESPOND!!! thanks!!

Go get it checked out by a doctor. It might be embarrassing, but if it is cancer than the longer you wait the worse off u will be. If the testicle is removed than the other testicle can still perform its functions, like providing the body with testosterone.

i just turned 30 and for about 5 years ive had the exact same issue u described , i am finally getting to the bottom of it. getting ultrasound 3/05/08 , keep u posted

I'm 20, and i have the same thing, i have a little pea sized ball beside my left testicle attached to a chord, its been there for a good few year now, and it seems to get slightly bigger or smaller, but basicly stays the seem small pea size.
Recently i've checked my right testicle and i also have a the same small pea sized lump attached to a chord on my right testicle, so i assumed they were supposed to be there, i mean, whats the chances of having a small pea sized lump attached to a chord in the same place on both testicles? they dont hurt aswell. but it cant be a co-incedence, can it?

How did it go???

hi,

soul i have i think the same as you, a little ball on the top of each testicle,
is it the head of the epididymis?
im off to the doctor about it next week.

anybody got any ideas?

hi, i have a diffrent kind of pall its very very small and its really hard its not attached too anything its above my testicle, does any1 know wht it is??

its possibly just a cyst or calcification or lipoma, safe:) consult a doctor if it causes pain or grows

That was nothing but the cystic lesion better u can verify by taking a ultrasonogram. if found take antiinflamatory drugs

hey there if its squishy and on the left side you may have Varicocele its a lump of veins that have lost elasticity it isnt a problem and only is removed or checked out if your having trouble conceiving or if you just dont like it. go to a doctor though. if it doesnt hurt much its probably not a hernia. and if its not hard its probably not a tumor. so that should ease those worries i just got back from doctor today for something similar. i have a Varicocele. so ya :-) hope this helped dont worry bout it just get it checked

btw im 16 years old

if you squeeze it and you feel pain from doing this, it is most likely just a part of your testicles. but if it does not, you should probably check with your local doctor to make sure there is not something wrong

I have a ball right above my right testical. It had been giving me discomfort and the a dull pain. It went away and now it seems as off it ha gotten bigger ! Regardless I cannot do any thing about it. I don't have health insurence and nor any large amount of funds to get any procedure.