I have recently started to work out. After a run on the treadmill at the gym my left testicle seemed to hurt very much. There are no noticable symptoms like lumps or anything like that, but the pain hurts even the day after. What do you think it can be? Thanks.

I have the same problem as the guest did, i started working out and after the treadmill my left testicle hurts. There aren't any noticeable lumps or anything but there is pain in the area. Im wondering if it could be because i didnt stretch or is it more serious than that?

so i am having the same problem only my left testical is higher up than the left. i know it isnt because of streching because i did 17 streches 25 seconds each like i do every day in track (im a freshman in highschool) if you can help that would be greath ~bennii

my left tesicle often grows alot biiger than the other one and i get really dull pains i am also concerned that this could be a cancer growth can anyone else.........................

If this is a dull pain (as opposed to sharp) that lasts for an hour or so and then would go away, I use to have this problem. It started occuring when I was around 14 years old and would come back from time to time. It worried me--I thought I had testicular cancer--so I would pretend like it wasn't happening (if I ignore it, it's not true).
Anyhow, this lasted throughout my teens and into my twenties. I continued to be active, even moreso as I was in my early twenties. Then, one time it didn't go away. It got worse. And worse. Much worse. After a couple of hours the pain was so bad that I couldn't stand up. I broke out in a cold sweat and it was all I could do to keep from screaming out in pain. I took a taxi to the emergency room where I had an ultrasound done on my testicles. What they found was that I had a torsion of the testicle. In other words, one of my testicles (I believe it was my left, which hangs lower) rotated in my scrotum, cutting off blood supply however slightly to my testicle (like when your arm or leg falls asleep, only when it happens to your testicle it involves a dull pain like you are being kicked in the groin). Every time except for the last it would only twist slightly and would untwist itself in short order. This is why the pain would go away after a short while. The last time, it did not untwist. Had I not gone to the doctor for another two or three hours there was a real possibility that my testicle would have lost its blood supply and would essentially die (that would have required surgical removal). Fortunately it untwisted on its own shortly after the doctor saw me (the pain instantly subsided).
What I came to learn is that my body never developed an adequate amount of the connective tissue that anchors the testicle inside the scrotum. In my case, it was probably because I was a born premature (born after eight months and two days). Testicular torsion is more likely to occur in premies when they hit adolescence and their testicles begin to grow. In the end I had surgery (the name of the procedure escapes me right now) that essentially stitched my testicles to my scrotum. The problem has never come back (I am now nearly 30 years old).
Now I am not saying that you each have this, but it is definitely worth reading about and mentioning to your doctor. Whether it is torsion, cancer (which can be diagnosed as early as teen years) or something else entirely, it is important to figure this out.
Best of luck.

The running and burning problem would happen to me and I think it has something to do with Varicoceles. I know I have these veins which are common in 20% of males, and in the males that have this disorder...85% have them on the left side. Look up Varicoceles and more than likely that is the cause.

Hey, I too have pain in my left testicle after running and I too have a Varicocele thing on my left testicle. I didn't think anyone else had the same issue with pain following running. Feels like the top of my testicle is rubbing on something. The pain lasts for a few days after I run. Makes it nearly impossible to run every day.

Last time I went to the doctor I had just returned from Thailand and two doctors said it was an STD type thing, not true, they didn't believe me.
They finally gave me an ultrasound and the results came back as "normal." They said it was epididimitis and gave me antibiotics. I stopped running while I recovered. Just starting to run again and now it is starting to happen all over again. Again, no reason to suspect an STD at all. I will check out what info I can find on varicoceles. Anyone know, off hand, if this makes it more likely for testicular torsion?

By the way, a little exogenous testosterone makes the guys a little smaller and I can run more often. If I get on Clomid the guys get bigger and it makes matters worse.

It is doubtful that a varicocele would allow a torsion to happen, as it crowds the scrotum, reducing the available space to turn. But it doesn't guarentee a thing.

Have any of you considered wearing a supporter or cup while running???

Could a varicocele actually be causing crowding that makes the pain? I know little about the biology involved but if I could take a guess I would think my epiditimis is rubbing against something up above it.

The supporter allowed me to run about twice as long as usual and was a nice help. The following three days I had that pain all over again.

My doctor seems to think it is related to tendon stresses at the back of the testicle.

Sure wish I could just get in and run. Curious about having surgery on the varicocele to see if that makes the pain go away but then I believe I am at risk for torsion. Not sure what to do...

Only you can gauge how much pain this causes you and if it's worth it.

I recently considered surgery for removal of a hydrocele and varicocele and decided since I was not experiencing any pain or symptoms, why spend the money.

If you can accomplish the same thing by wearing a supporter and avoid the pain, perhaps that's a better option.

However, if you're saying the pain returns days after running, I'm thinking it's something else at play here...and that you're feeling something other than the trauma of running.

As you say, you believe you're at risk for torsion, and I'm unfamiliar with that or the quality of pain you experience.
Sorry I can't be of more help.

Perhaps someone else can comment.

I had dull ache - think of the sensation of someone gently pulling at your testicle without relenting - after running. I went to see the doc and he suggested wearing more supportive underwear (i.e., briefs). I had been wearing boxers, and I imagine the constant jarring from running could have strained the spermicide cord.

Hi ok so 3yrs ago when i was 16 i was riding my bike up a steep hill with some groceries and when i got home i took a break on my couch and watched tv for about an hour and when i got up all of a sudden i fall too the ground from pain in my left nut... so i call a taxi too take me too the hospitol only too wait about 4 hours.. ok so when i finaly see the uroligist or w/e he examines my left testicle and says that i need a ultrasound so they do it and say that i scared myself out of torsion testis.. ok so now 3yrs later im getting a similar pain in my left testicle but not the same its sharp and it seems like my left testicle has dropped about 1inch more than my right testicle and right above the left one there is a small lump that looks like a swelled up vien with blue coming from all around it. its not swollen at all anywhere but the veiny spot does anyone know what this could be and if i should go too the hospitol i

My left testicle has a dull pain. my right testicle hangs lower than my left. there are no bumps and i can urinate fine. anyone know what this is? I asked my doctor an he said it feels tender, if it gets worse pain i have to go to the hospital. im going to a specialist on thurs.

It's hypochondria you guys :-)

You guys have succeeded in making a mountain off of a mole. I used to have the same issue when I started running more than 3 miles a day. I used to wear normal jockies which were good for regular wear. However, there was a slight amount of freedom of movement for my package which is common to jockeys.

I changed to athletes (sports tight) jockies and viola, the pain was no more.

Try it yourself ... and holler if it works for you!

If you have pain in your genitals, I think it's always worth investigating with a doctor. There's three pains you never want to mess around with--chest, stomach, and genital. Anything else is fine, but those three generally indicate something serious and can go south so quickly. Be sure to get checked if you have pain, okay? It is worth your time.