Hi. My friend has been suffering from narcolepsy for years. However, she is considering of getting pregnant. Is this wise? How can narcolepsy manifest in pregnancy? Is it dangerous? I guess she would be monitored all the time by other people. I would like to hear some other people’s experiences. Thank you for replying to my post.

It is a difficult choice. Women have a great urge to give birth. On the other hand, effects of narcolepsy drugs on foetus are uncertain. That is why these women are advised to stop taking drugs if they get pregnant. In this way, it is more difficult to control the disease. The risk of self injury is bigger. I think that this is decision that should be made with an expert and her partner. I would like to know what she decides. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!