to whom this may concern,ive got throbbing in my left ear ive had this 4 3 wks,ive just had a wks corse of antibiotics and no relief,i was sent to an ent doc at my local hospital two days ago my ear was very inflamed and was full of wax got that cleaned out but was told the problem and pressure was from my nose,what concerns me ive not not got any pain and im breathing normally but my gums on the left side of my mouth r aching i may b guessing can some one advise me to think this could b a sinus problem, i was prescribed more antibiotics named cefuroxime + an inhalor called eustidil or a nasal spray i looked up the definition of this and its 4 people with asthma problems i dont have that problem. any advice from a medical point of view would be much appreciated.

kind regards

joan bowman

I am not a doctor, but I too experienced jaw, mouth, ear, sinus pain for many months and we thought it was sinus infections, ear infections, you name it! Turns out I was grinding my teeth and was diagnosed with TMJ. I had a night guard made by my dentist and all of my pain went away. Maybe it is something to look into! Good luck!

I have had the same pain off and on for about a year and alhalf. I went from dentist to ent to dr...and no one could diagnose me until i stuck my finger in my mouth and felt around the arteries in the jaw and found them inflamed, went to dr and he said it was the saliva gland and it was swollen and sometimes they can get blocked and cause these type of pains. try that route