I am looking for a quick diet manual, as it were. Some foods contain more fats than others, but which ones make you lose weight quickest? Can anyone give me some examples of meals that you like to prepare when you are trying to lose weight, and say a bit about how that has been working for you so far?

I've been following a mediterranean diet for about 3 months and, in my experience, it's a well balanced plan to get rid of some extra pounds (I dropped 19 so far!). It's rich in whole grains, fruits, vegetables, legumes and fish and low in meat and dairy. Basically, no food is off limits, you just learn balanced nutrition and portion control and get used to make it a daily routine: losing weight is a natural consequence of your healthier eating habits (my crazy eating style is what I have to blame most for all the pounds I gained!)
The recipes are pretty tasty as well (italian-style) so it's quite easy to stay on track. Here are some suggestions you may find helpful: at least 3-4 meals a week are all-in-one-meals like pasta with vegetables (zucchini, artichokes) or pasta with legumes (beans, peas, lentils), they are quite nourishing so I feel satiated as I would be after a three-course meal but with a lower intake of calories. I eat meat no more than twice a week, mostly white meats like chicken and turkey because they are less fatty than red meats, and I've learnt to eat fish more often (2-3 times a week). Another positive aspect is that I got used to subdivide my daily food intake into 5 small sittings (instead of having a fast-food-based meal for lunch and a blowout dinner!), so I never get really hungry between meals and do not have the temptation of eating snacks all day! Fruits and veggies are another precious ally, both to make me me feel satiated at the end of my meals and as a low-calorie snack: I always keep some raw vegetables in the fridge, just to have something healthy to crunch whenever I crave a candy! By the way, if you wish to take a look at my plan, just google Italiandiet, it's a personalized diet based on your lifestyle and food preferences and provided by a team of italian nutritionists. Maybe you can sign up and get a sample eating plan in order to better understand what are your nutritional needs and what kind of meals are the most suitable for your weight loss goal. Hope you'll find my tips useful! Good luck for your weight loss journey!

Thank you & ttyl (talk 2 u later

I am also losing weight by bringing vegetables and fruits in my diet plan.I make salads and soups of vegetables and fruits. Besides this I am getting protein shakes to make my diet complete. Here are some of the foods I recommend.
Here is some best diet food you may like,
Egg
Vinegar
Sprouted grain breads
Lean Meat
Oatmeal
Almonds

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***