I have a dalmatian dog. Actually I have several, but my youngest, Ian, has been having some problems lately. I think he might have become allergic to some of the foods I am giving him. I took him to the vet but she didn’t really tell me anything. My friend from work who has a boxer told me she had the same problem with her girl, and she solved it by putting her on a diet. There is this diet called BARF diet. Have you ever heard of it? I would really appreciate if you could give me some recipes for it.

Hey. Yes, I have heard about this diet program. My sister had the same situation with her Stafford dog, and the only solution was to put him on this diet program. It is really famous diet program, healthy and it won’t harm your dog. BARF diet program is really easy, and you can find a lot of recipes as well.

But, here is one for you.

Eggs and vegetables – the eggs can be hard boiled and you can add some garlic powder, carrots, etc. It depends. Now, you can add some fruits as well. Many BARF diet will not recommend this meals more than twice a week, because as you probably already know, your dog should get some meat as well. 

Hello there. So sorry about your little guy. I had the same problem with my lab. She was completely fine till she was about two. Then she started sketching and licking herself. Her hair started falling of. And BARF diet helped a lot. The recipes for it are pretty easy to make. Just keep it simple. For example, you can combine:

spinach or cauliflower, 

raw sweet potatoes, 

celery, 

kale… 

And you can also add some honey for flavor. 

I make it for my dog all the time. And he really loves it. 

Let us know if this diet fixed your problem. 

Here is a recipe for you- Give your dog raw meat and bones! Simple as that.
You can give your dog: beef, pork, chicken, turkey or lamb.
You should be giving him different meats, that way you will provide him enough protein sources. Of course, the meat should be consumed raw. Please make sure that the meat is clean. You don’t want it to contain bacteria (this can cause health issues).
Also, when it comes to bones, make sure there are no splinters. They can be very dangerous. You can also replace the bones with bone dust, because of the calcium.

I personally do not feed my dogs according to any kind of diet, but BARF diet is allowing many of foods which I give to my pets. For an example, BARF diet allows lamb breast, pig's leg, pork roast, mackerel (great source of omega-3 fatty acids, good for humans, as well), and veal rib. My neighbour feeds his labrador according to BARF, but I don't see any real differences. From my opinion, raw food is raw food, no matter how your dog take it (as long as it is fresh).

To tell you a litlle secret, BARF means "Biologically Appropriate Raw Food". :)

Hello. First, there are a lot of variations. You need to use the same basic ingredients for balance every time, every day. Of course, your recipes should be based on what your dog love to eat. It is all about raw meal, of course.

Well, here is one recipe, I think that it is designed for every dog. You will need one cup of raw shopped meat, half of cup of raw vegetables or fruits, depends (also, you can mix vegetables and fruits), and three tablespoons of fish oil. After this delicious recipe, your dog will need to drink a lot of water. 

Hello 

My dog is literally crazy about combination fruit / vegetables. And, I am satisfied, because it is really healthy. There are tons of fruits and vegetables that you can add on raw dog food recipe. You can call me crazy, but I blend this meal for my pet. I know that his digestive system sometimes can’t absorb the nutritionist from raw vegetables and fruits, and that is why I am doing this. I usually mix carrots, okra, cauliflower, pumpkin and apples. It is really tasty, even for me lol, and I know that it is healthy for my pet.

How about this one- 

Take one kilo of raw beef mince and put it in a bowl. Add 4 kilos of chicken mince. Now add a mix of kidneys, livers, brains etc.  Then take broccoli, peas and cauliflower and put that in a blender. Add three eggs into the blender (whole three eggs, including the shell) . Finally add some yoghurt, let’s say a tablespoon of it. Add a little bit of water and blend it all well. When it is blended, mix it with the meet in the bowl you prepared before. That’s all. Your dog will love it, you’ll see.

Homemade dog food is something best that you can give to your dog. That is for sure! For this recipe, you will need 10 lbs of raw grounded beeg, 18 hard - boiled eggs, including the shells cooled. Maybe you are wondering why, but shells have a lot of calcium that your dog need. Also, it is highly absorbable. Next, you will need 15 cups of cooked white rice, not brow rice, and one tube of lickochops omega fatty acid supplements. Mix this into a large bowl, and basically, that is it. Your dog will love this meal. It is really healthy! 

This thread became very amusing. I tried experimenting with recipes you gave and my dogs are very satisfied with their new meals (my wife, as well, but that's not important :) ). 

Here is one meal plan she will try this week for our German shepherds:

• Chicken necks and squash in the morning, 
  • Raw zucchini, celery and carrots blended in the food processor. This mix will be added to raw chicken mince soaked in one cup of hot water (mixture contains 2/3 of meat and 1/3 of vegetables) - in the afternoon/evening.
In the meantime, I will search for some new recipes.