Hello, folks. My brother is asthmatic for a long period of time. He is taking his regular medications, but I would like to try something new. Is it possible that there can be a herbal tea remedy suitable for asthmatic use? What are your experiences? I would really appreciate all your honest replies.

Hi, there. I was also interested in that subject when my cousin was diagnosed asthma. I have read some interesting facts about how people treated asthma in 19th century or before. For instance, they ate a hand full of spiders in Australia; buying chihuahua in Texas; sleeping on uncleaned sheep wool, also in Texas, etc. Now, let's get serious. There are some cases where a guy has decreased his cortisone dosage by garlic therapy. Turmeric is also reliable in treating asthma. Others recommend onion juice, a tablespoon of black pepper and a tablespoon of honey, together! In general, dairy products are considered not to be good for asthmatics. Cheddar cheese is an exception since it contains tyramine which helps in enlarging airways. Of course, other people will have more remedies to recommend, I am sure. I hope you'll find something useful!

The patient should fast on lemon juice taken along with honey for a few days and thereafter adopt a diet of fresh fruits to eliminate toxins and nourish the system. Solid foods can then be taken gradually later. Common dietic errors should however be avoided by the patient.