Good afternnoon,

I have a neck rash that comes only in the spring/summer time.
The rash is getting wider and spreading around my neck as well being very itches .
What could cause this rash? When I lived in New York Westchester county I never had this rash. But now here in VA for the pass two year I seem to get it every year.
Thank JoAnne :-(

I suffer from the same thing too.  I don't know what causes it, but it's very itchy and tends to flake as it's healing.  It is on my neck below and a little further back towards my hair line behind my left ear.  This is the second summer I've gotten it.  If you know what causes it and how to treat it, please let me know!

I have a female friend about 50 that gets it too in doing/ summer in Toronto. Menopause??

Try antihistamines, and perhaps steroids to alleviate the intense itching and swelling. I never had anything like this till I moved to West Virginia. I'm convinced it's a reaction to hay fever/allergic reaction to spring pollen. Not sure exactly what type of pollen I'm allergic to, but my neck has done the same thing for the past 3 years. Just before it starts I wake up with swollen eyes and a stuffy nose, about a week later I get a pin prick feeling in the skin of my neck, then it reddens into welts, and intense itching that drives me insane! Hope this helps.