Hello there! I am a 24 year-old female. Ever since I started experiencing vision problems I was using lenses. I don’t mind the lenses, it is just that I decided to change my image a little bit and I bought glasses. However, the glasses gave me a rash all over my nose. I don’t understand what is this reaction coming from? Is it something that glasses’ frame is made of or what? Thanx for the info

It is quite possible that you are allergic to nickel. I don’t know what kind of frame you have but it could definitely be a reason for your problem. I found out I was allergic to nickel when my first boyfriend bought me these earrings ( I was 16 then ). I developed immediate rash reaction. I didn’t know what it was until I visited a dermatologist with my mom. Now I have to avoid everything that contains nickel.

I have had eczema on my face for the last year and it has become worse with intense itching. I went to see a skin specialist who gave a locoid cream for me to use. This did not work. I soon discovered my spectacles I use at work was causing the rash after lots of researching. They are metal and carefully studying them under a maggi lamp found traces of exposed nickel (green colour). Working in hot conditions and sweating caused the nickel to enter my skin. Yay I found the problem. The rash started to diminish as soon as I stopped wearing them. The areas of my face that were affected were my cheeks, nose, forehead and chin and also behind my ears. Even though my spectacles didn't touch all of these areas, the rash still spreads to other areas. Had to share this amazing story with all you sufferers. Good luck.