I had jaw surgery a little while ago, and now I have this itchy, pimply-looking rash along my jawline and neck. I don't think it's from medication since I'm only taking liquid ibuprofen and i've never been allergic to that before. hydrocortisone cream isn't working. any suggestions on what this could be from and how i could treat the rash?

P.S. I've been using my sister's triamcinolone acetonide cream to make the rash go away, and it helps with the itching but the rash is still there, and if I stop using the cream it starts to itch again.

Did you ever find the cause and if so how did you treat it.

Hallo,
Can you tell me more about the rash that you have on your jaw line? I know that in some cases there can be an onset of small pimples after the surgery but this usually indicates that there is a small infection on the skin which is not very good when it comes to post surgery. I think that you should talk to your doctor about this because this might indicate that your wound is not really healing fine. This can be dangerous in some cases so you do not want to ignore this rash at all. I hope that you found this helpful in any way.

All the best to you,
Karen