Hello friends. My cat is having rash on her neck and back lately, and I think that this rash is really serious now. I have experience with cat rash, but I as far as I can remember, and I know that I am right, my cat never had rash on neck and back. The skin in this area is red and irritated, and to be honest, I don’t know what to do. I will take my cat to the vet tomorrow in the morning, but I want to know do you know what is the best treatment for cat rash on neck and back?

Tnx in advance!

I had this problem with my cat before.  So, of course, I went to see the vet. Well, this was my problem. You should know that some cats are really sensitive to some ingredients or some foods. This sensitivity can cause severe itching over the cat’s head, neck, and back. That was the case in my cat, so I changed her menu. Treatment in this condition involves an elimination diet, and this will help you to see what ingredients or ingredient your cat is reacting to.

Maybe this is not in your case, but you should consider this option as well. 

Hi. Well this is something about I can go on and on for hours. I don’t know a thing about dog rashes, but cat rashes I know pretty good. 

I have three cats and every one of them had a rash at least once. Or you know, 7 times. 

I hate how annoying the rashes can be. 

It is usually allergy. I change the food that I’m feeding them with and it goes away. 

But I don’t know what caused your cat’s rash. You need to see a vet and let him tell you.  You can’t treat the rash unless you know the cause.

Hm, that sounds like a Miliary dermatitis (better known as scabby cat disease) which my cat had a while ago. The MD is characterized by a red rash around neck and back of kitty followed by intense itching.  

My cat got it from a flea bite. The vet told me that she’s hypertensive to it.

Her treatment consisted of removing the fleas (vet did that) and regular check-ups. The point of these check-ups is to ensure that MD doesn’t recur.

I also was advised to use some shampoos for her bath which will reduce risk of another flea problem.

This in only a possibility. Only your vet can tell you the cause of your cat’s skin rash. 

Hey. I have to agree with you totally, it can be Miliary dermatitis, because my cat had it as well, but it can be simply rash from bad foods and bed ingredients. I think that your vet can do a bunch of tests, he can see is your cat allergic to something or maybe it is allergic to some ingredients. A simply test can show this.  I think that some natural shampoo can help you in this, but of course, consuling your vet is number one on the list.

Don’t worry, everything will be just fine. I guess that this is nothing serious. 

Miliary dermatitis, that was my first thought too. But maybe it’s not a good idea to make diagnoses here, and to advice you how to treat it since we don’t even know how does it look. It could be something else. But it does sound like Miliary dermatitis though. After all, there are so many different reasons for  Miliary dermatitis to occur and every type of nonspecific skin lesion is indentified as Miliary dermatitis , so…  kitty_katz is probably right.  

Can you at least assume what caused it? Bacterial infections? Fungal infections?  Maybe he had some parasitic infection of the skin?

Hey. You should not definitely make a diagnosis, because you don’t even know what is the main reason of this rash on your cat neck and back. Now, you can try to bath your cat with chamomile tea and you can add some aloe vera in it. This is something that won’t harm your cat, so you can bath your cat without thinking about it.

But, you don’t know what is the main cause of this rash, so your vet can help you find the right diagnosis. Maybe it can be some serious bacterial infection, maybe it is not. But, you don’t know. 

My choice are always natural remedies. I believe there is no medication that is as healthy as its alternative that can be found in nature. The only time when I find using medications reasonable is when there is no natural remedy revealed or accessible. 

So when it comes to these natural options, maybe you should try aloe vera and chamomile like someone already suggested. And if that doesn’t work, try Dr. Rose's Remedies Skin Treatment Salve or Spray. It is antibacterial, antifungal and anti-inflammatory. It will help your cat with redness, itchiness and irritation. 

But the first option should be enough.

Hello I have a 12 year old Siamese cat has allergy I would like to know what is the right food to give him he's itchy on the neck his face his legs what could I do and he's a very picky eater