Hey there,

First off for a little background, I'm a 21 yr old male, who has not been sexually active for a little over a year. I recently developed 2 larger than normal pimple type bumps on the wall of my scrotum sack. They are definitely not on the testes themselves as i can move them around with the skin. They did exert a whitish colored puss when squeezed like a pimple. They generally have no discomfort, unless squeezed or irritated. The skin around the bumps seems to be dry and a little harder than normal, similar to the way cold water would affect the scrotum. They feel like "underground" pimples as they're larger under the skin than on the surface. Just wondering if you have any insight as to whether these could possibly be an STD or more of a cyst/ingrown hair type of a deal. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Hey I am writing to you because your topic is very interesting for me. actually I never had this problem but my younger brother had it two years ago. He was 16 years old back than and he also was completely sexually inactive, but he also had bump on scrotum. He had it for two weeks, and it also was not painful for him, and it was not irritating, and his skin was very dry.  He had that problem, and he did not consult any doctor but without using any treatment this problem has been resolved, so my advice is that you should not be scared

Since puss came out, they are not an STD, but probably pimples, cysts or ingrown hairs

It could be something called maluscum

They are called epidermal cysts if they "pop" like a pimple. The can also be sealed over, and not pop, and at that point a Dr will remove them.

It is basically like a zit. If you remove them , sometimes they will grow back, so some Dr's wont even remove them as they will just come back. You should check with a dr to make sure this is what it is, and not something else, but in general, as you describe them, that's what they are.

Sounds like small keratin pearls just under the first layer of skin of the scrotum. I have one which gets about 1/32" in size, i pop it and in 8-10 weeks it comes back in the same exact spot. Doc said leave it alone, or pop it if you must, its nothing to worry about unless you develop so many that its unsightly or causes distress, in that case, see a dermatologist. Some young boys get these and they get quite large-sometimes like a green pea, a symptom of maturing, they can freak people out in the locker room shower if you have a large one and it shows. Ive seen them on the scrotum, penis and foreskin, usually not more than one or two. Seems to be a symptom of the skin anatomy at that location, just a way for the keratin to accumulate and not get washed away.

I'm a 17 year old guy and have had these for at least 6 months. Mine have never gotten bigger than the tip of a ball pump needle(although ironic, not intentional) and I have left them alone, at first determining they couldn't be popped. I again attempted to pop on of the two prominent bumps and it secreted a pimple-like, more on the solid side kind of pus. The other excreted the same substance, but was followed with a clear liquid. I'm not sexually active, I just wanna know if I should be worried.

Yes, i had the same problem. I poped mine and a green like solid/smooth substance came out....... Then clear liquid substance it has healed and has never come back. Should i be worried?

I'm 20 years old, and I get these in that area as well, but mine are more of a dark red/purple... like a zit but filled with blood? not really sure, i've popped one before that was on my inner thigh and only blood came out. I have one now that's on my sack and it's almost like pea sized and looks the same as the one on my thigh, so i tried to pop it and I think I popped it internally. I could feel something was coming out, but it stayed under the skin. The "zit" seemed to get smaller but it's starting to sting in that area, and I feel like I got kicked in the balls. Maybe I'm just freaking out and imagining it, I don't know. Has anyone had "blood zits" similar to this?

Well, I also did develop some new Blood-zits on my scrotum recently. They are like the mole in color and they are on the skin.
I also tried to pop one of them, and only blood came out of it. It feels that it is still there though !!
I don't know what it really is and i hope some doctor would see this and feed me back..

I'm 19 and have had these for about 3 years now! There are 2 larger ones-about 1/3 pea size and some small ones.. the small ones are easy to get rid of but the larger ones are insanely hard to pop and hurt quite a bit when I do pop them.. but they always come back. Is this normal to have them for so long? will I have them forever? I'm very relieved to read that they are not STD's but, they still make me self conscious. Is there any way to get rid of them??

ive had this problem a year or more, doctor told me not to overwash the area, if you sweat down there alot, this is what can cause the dry skin rash, best thing to do is leave them alone, if they need to be popped, i suggust doing it in the shower and applying Fudicin cream, which is what i was prescribed...pretty much same as polysporin...and hope they go away....so far ive been unlucky....theyll dissapear and then come back same spot or different spots, only a few each time, and on the scrotum.

I was once told that they are a type of Acne, does any of the new things (Pro-V, etc) work on them?

I also have two of these hard lumps on the inside skin of my scrotum, had them for a little over two years now and I'm in my thirties.
At first I was able to pop them and a hard ball like puss substance came out, after that they were much smaller but never really vanished.
Was difficult to ignore them, even though they weren’t painful or irritating, I would keep trying to squeeze more out!
Eventually they got pretty sore and I left them alone. Now they are at least the size of a pea and very very hard. No way can I pop them now as the skin is too hard/thick. Even tried lancing them with a sterile needle, but just started bleeding.
This had been playing on my mind, but it's sort of reassuring to know that it seems to be a more common problem then I first thought.