Dont know if this is the right place for this topic so i put it in one of the others aswell. Im not taking the p*ss but sometimes when im running i have to stop coz i need to take a dump. As embarassing as this sounds id love to get any advice u guys might have. Im hoping to do a marathon in a few years and even worse im hoping to join the army. I cant begin to think what kind of slagging id get if i had to stop to take a dump while on a run with other soldiers.

Please any advice would be great.

use the caffeine

Sit on the can for a few minutes before you run.

Lefty,
Try something high in fiber, I have 12 grain bread (real thick brown bread with the seeds on it), it's not bad when u get used to it. After few minutes, if it's morning you'll go!LOL. I only eat one piece. A banana works to (usually quicker).
Hope this helps
Kell

IMHO - The more you run, the more you get over the feeling of having to poo mid-run.

I always try to go to the bathroom before I run for if I don't it's usually a 80-90% chance I will need to go during the run...not a problem if there's bathrooms around but when in no-man's land that really sucks!

I also find it depends on diet. Seriously, get to where you are eating mostly whole grains, veggies and fruits. Those high fiber buddies have the bulk to go for a ride like running. It's the processed foods and fatty stuff that'll slide on through and end up wanting out when you least expect it to.

getting enough fiber is what I needed to do to get rid of this problem -

Sorry hit send before I was done with my post - by adding more whole grains to my diet I took care of this problem - it helps to get your body on a regular schedule - for me, I go every morning before my run.

Do you run at the same time every day? Having a regular diet and schedule will help a lot when it comes to keeping your business regular, too.

One hour before each run I drink a large Caffe Latte. The milk and the coffein do the job.
This works 100% for me.
Best!
Lars