Last night I started to feel an urge to urinate and the pressure on my abdominal was pretty high. I could not fall asleep. I felt a little bit of a burning sensation at the end of urinating and i also saw some blood. I drank lots of water and some orange juice, cranberry juice and finally fell asleep for an hour. Today I feel much better. I still feel like I need to go urinate all the time but its not severe anymore just a little bit tingling feeling. Also the blood disappeared and my urine looks normal, it does not smell bad. I go urinate about once an hour(or twice but still fell a little bit of urge to urinate all the time, burning sensation while urinating is almost gone.

What do I do? I don't have a health insurance and got laid off 3 months ago so if possible I would rather not go to the doctor (as I am not sure if I can afford the visit and medication) unless i really have to. What else can I do to treat this infection at home?When can I expect go back to normal? If the symptoms persist,When should i turn into a specialist
Also is a hot tub safe and helpful (as it would keep me warm)?

Thank you

Alright, if it's burning while you urinate and you have not been having any sexual activity than sti is unlikely. Other wise for an UTI you will need anti-biotics which means you will need to see your doctor to obtain and they will run a few tests to make sure it is what it is. Good part if it is a UTI a few days of pills and you will be back to normal.

You should continue drinking cranberry juice - it's a well known home remedy for urinary tract infections because it has some antibiotic properties. Also, drink plenty of water to help getting rid of the bacteria that are causing the infection more quickly even though that would obviously mean that you would urinate more often. As far as the heat is concerned - if there is no abdominal pain, it's better to avoid the hot tub, if you do feel pain, the better option is heating pad. But, if things don't get better in a day or two, you will need antibiotics and for UTI's usually all it takes is a visit to a family medicine practitioner who would prescribe them. There is rarely a need for specialists or expensive treatments if you do react in time, if it turns out that cranberry alone isn't helping in a few days. Hope it will!

hi, i am recently experiencing the same issues, did you find out what your issue was if so could you write back to me thanks !!

can uti bug be present in my GF and not show symptoms?