I am new to this.. but i just wanted to know if there where any way i can relief my anxiety.. see i constantly worry about stuff that i should worry about.. anytime i see a blemish on my body see a commercial i think i have a disease.. im fatigued all the time cant sleep.. at times i feel my self sweating during panic attacks.. nausea lightheadedness, ect... although i do worry about other things than health to like dying and if im going to get up on time.. some times to the point where i cant sleep out of fear of not waking up and going to work.. ive worried before now but it seems that it is getting much worse lately for some reason... maybe that i never get sick. but lately ive been sick alot i dont know if it was caused by anxitey or not... i just dont feel well... its hard for me to cope with this because 1. i dont have health inssurance as of now. 2. im worried about going to see a doctor ( afraid he will tell me i have some disease and im going to die).... i guess what i dont understand is how come it all of a sudden is hitting me harder than before..... background information is that im not that healthy of a person i smoke (i find it reliefs it a bit though). And also the internet drives me nuts all i do is look up symptoms of anything like coughing for example.. which coughing is symptoms in alot of things but i just take the most severe and think i have it... any help with this would be greatly apperciated

WOW!
I feel the same way, i've been havving it 24/7 and i hate the hospital.
I think you shud just ask for med. [[You'll b fine at the hospital, you just hav really bad anxiety, At least you dont fear the hospital, or elevator.]]
It'll help alittle, but when i try to relaxe i cant, and i start to panic, I think mines got worse ovr the years, idk wuts causing it.
I'm 13 years old, and i dont really exercise, and i go on the computer for the whole day to calm myslef down, but looking up stuff about anxiety doesnt help me, i just start to panic and say "ohh no, wut if i dont have anxiety, and im dying from lung cancer, [bcuz i lived with a friend for like 4-5 years.] and i think ihave liquid in my lungs, but idk..!!!
I wanna go to the hospital but im scared, wut if i do hav liquid in my lungs. :'(

But i just calm down about it, and say evrythings ok.
I have social anxiety/panic attacks/anxiety/heart palps.

ive been suffering anxiety for lil over 10 yrs now. i use to have really bad panic attacks. but now i have constant on going anxiety. from what i have learned anxiety stems from too much worry. some how we keep worrying over things that arent rational. im 36 yrs old and i do have many things to worry about. but with you young girls what do you possibly have to worry about? im not downing either of you at all. anxiety is what it is. and it can be stopped with cbt (cognetive behavoral therapy) i may have spelled it wrong but close enough. im bipolar and also have ptsd.

i really thought i was the only one out there who suffered -constant anxiety- i felt alone and ive been searching all over in books for it and there isnt anything mentioned about it. do either of you see a dr for your anxiety?

what i find that helps me with myanxiety is to stay busy doing something i really enjoy and can get -lost in- also exercizing does help and you dont have to do hrs of it. do alot of stretching and low impact areobics.

i wish each of you well and onto recovery. there is hope for this..beating anxiety. i have before and went yrs without a single symptom. and you can to!

hugs and well wishes

soulie~

I think the best thing i've ever done is just confront all of my anxiety head on over and over again. The more I've done it, it's gone away. I think that's the best bit of advice I can tell you to do. What other methods to people have to tackle this beast?

your a hypocondriac like me. i do that i have a cheek biting problem and looked it up online and seen that it causees cancer and flipped and kept thinking i had cancer. it took the dentist to tell me i didnt. i had an anxiety attack on the way to the dentist afraid they were gonna tell me i did have it.
i mean any cancer you think of i think i have it im constantly in a state of panic. just sitting here woundering if i have a tumor and i scare the sh*t out of myself and end up in panic.....its stupid there should be a forum about hypocondriacs but then i would read theres adn think i have teh same thing lol. i feel stupid but yeah i know its what causes alot of my anxiety. i need to get a job so i wouldnt just sit at home all day and think this stupid stuff but i cant afford daycare. im going to the doc next week to have my blood taken so they can tell me if there is anything wrong with me. my therapist was helping but i had to move and findin a new one has been super hard

Hi Newbie,

I just wanted to let you know when I read your original post I thought "Wow I'm not alone". I also keep myself up late at night worrying about dying and everything else that I have no control over. I am also bipolar and have terrible anxiety. I have actually went to go meet up with friends at a restaurant and once I got there realized how busy it was. I could not convince myself to walk into the restaurant to meet up with my friends so I left. Isn't that horrible?

I don't like being called a hypocondriac, and I'm sure you don't either. I do not go to the doctor and I'm not convinced I have every disease. It's the opposite I am terrified of the doctor because I'm terrified about what may be wrong and I do not like taking medicine at all.

I really just wanted to let you know you are not alone and you are not a freak. I am 24 years old and it gives me a little bit of comfort knowing there are other people that go through these high tension feelings that I do daily.

Please respond back.

Wowzers!!! Im the same.Recently its got worse, my nerves-like im about to sit an exam and have to rush to the lou for the butterflies in my stomach make me ill, Ive been sick over the christmas period but cant work out if its naxiety or not. I finf I get so anxious, that I cant write, or I do silly things, and worry myself in knotw worry about things so much that I make them happen-anyone else like this? It makes me worse, then I try and calm down, its hard work. I know my youngest is like me.Like you people said-its fear ridden-going to a doctor used to scare the hell out of me.I remeber screaming at my mum not to take me when I was a child, screaming at her, and her telling me to calm down or id do some damage to my voice boz( I was scared theyd tell me I had throat cancer) My daughter is pretty much the same-though maybe not as bad!!!I dread going outside now-all the time. I just want to curl under my duvet and be left alone pretty much 90% of the day!

It is good to hear that we are not alone!

Hope evryone manages to calm down soon,
Take care

I'm 31 married with 2 kids. I've had more anxiety during stressful times in my life (leaving for college, wedding, etc.) I can go for weeks even months without feeling any anxiety at all. Recently I had a scary episode and I reacted normally and about as well as anyone could have handled it. This seems to have triggered my anxiety again. Now all I can think about is being afraid I may do something I would regret. I don't have the urge to do anything, but I am very aware that I could if I wanted to. I don't have urges to do bad things. My criminal record is spotless and yet I'm afraid I may do something wrong I would regret. It got so bad over the Christmas holiday that I finally decided I needed help. I started cognitive behavioral therapy last week. We're going to try to overcome it without using drugs. I don't drink, smoke, or use illegal drugs so they think I am a good candidate to overcome this without drugs. I've been diagnosed with general anxiety disorder with obsessive compulsive thoughts. When I get a thought in my head it's hard for me to get it out and it rattles around in there for a couple days to a couple weeks even causing anxiety. I've got the normal stress a 31 year old man with 2 kids has. I have a really good life, but this anxiety issue pops up every now and then. What I experienced over Christmas was by far the worst which is why I finally decided to get help. They say general anxiety disorder develops over time and can lay dormant until triggered by stress. I think the scary episode which occurred in September has brought the symptoms back.

10 years i have been sick they say anxiety but i just can't believe it with all this going on every single day. If they would say
it was something like cancer i would be scared but at least know what i was fighting this is a enemy with NO name as far as i
am cncerned and it is taking it's toll to the point where i am so ready to give up and let it win...tina2367
I have been everywhere and seen a lot of doctor's and no one can seem to help they just say it's all in my head as i continue to get worse and worse. Sometimes things are so bad i feel like i am going to pass out,my b/p goes higher and heart beats so fast i think i am going to die. The pains are so severe they knock me down and now my legs are starting too they feel like they are bruised or sunburn but they are not and my heart beats in my throat not my chest.
This all started when i was 33 years old and found out i was pregnant for my last child but i am now 42 and it is worse not better they say anxiety/panic attacks but the meds did nothing except make me gain 70 pounds or more. I am lost and at my ends wits no one can help me.
My symptoms included: low energy, poor stamina, sore throat, unexplained menstrual irregularity, upset stomach, abdominal pain, chest pain, rib soreness, shortness of breath, cough, heart palpitations, pulse skips, heart murmur, joint pain, joint swelling, stiffness of the joints all over my body, muscle pain and cramping, twitching of the face or other muscles, neck pinches and cracks, neck stiffness, neck pain, tingling, numbness, burning or stabbing sensations, shooting pains, skin hypersensitivity, facial paralysis, (Bell's palsy), double, blurry, increased floaters, light sensitivity, buzzing, ringing, ear pain, sound sensitivity, increased motion sickness, vertigo, major facial flushing and bizarre skin rashes, poor balance, lightheadedness, wooziness, panic attacks, anxiety, tremors, confusion, difficulty in thinking, difficulty with concentration, forgetfulness, poor short term memory, poor attention, disorientation, getting lost, going to wrong places, difficulty with speech or writing, mood swings, irritability, depression, disturbed sleep, too much sleep, too little sleep, the overwhelming need to sleep for 4 hours every afternoon, and a complete intolerance to alcohol.sore on scalp,dry mouth and lips,burning to head,pins and needles in hands and feet,pain(like charlie horses) in the legs,pain,bottom of my feet pain,IBS,gas,heartburn,no libio,sex hurts,stiffness and cramps in fingers and toes,hot flashes,chills and cold, constant urge to pee,bones crack easily,dis realization,disorientation,lightheaded,d izziness,muscle twitching,feeling like a cat is purring inside my body,pain if i push on my skin bones or anything on my body,sometimes a weird taste in mouth,rib pain,eyes pain,back pain,feelings of doom and death,quickly angered,heaviness in stomach,weight gain,no motivation,afraid to leave the house, 8 years of hell,tired a lot or never goes in spans,MEAN MEAN BIT*H A LOT,littlest things set me off,ear/jaw pain,type the same words over and over yet type them mixed up?,hair never grows (same length since i was 10) pale skin,NO ONE WANTING TO HELP ME!!!!!!!!!! days where i can do everything and then some days where i can move and i am dying,groin pain,itchy skin,if i open my mouth i can hear my heartbeat,headaches,depression,bi-polar,crying all the time,

pain in legs,pitting,weight gain,blurry vision,stomach pain,nausea,fatigue,heartburn,stomach pain,twitching,muscle aches,

1/29/09-vomiting,diarrhea,stomach pain,heartburn,weight gain,numbness,shakes,leg cramps,high eosinophils,disorientation,bloating,sick !
please if you can have a heart and try to help me i am so close to just ending it that pain is soooo bad.

Tina2367, don't give up hope there is a Doctor that will sympathize with you weather its in your head or not. The best Doctors will go outside of protocol & won't give up till they find whats ailing you.But unfortunately we have Doctors out there that won't go outside protocol & that is a huge problem for patients. Anxiety or depression is no fun to have & it can become chronic, which in turn can produce ailments that are very real to us & also we become very acute to are own bodies.Your aliments could be a # of things, & a few come to mind is Fibromyalgia, or a Vitamin deficiency, or hormonal imbalance, or thyroid problem.Tina there are so many things the Doctor has to look at, & the list is endless.I'm all for finding the right Doctor, even if you have to go through a hundred to get that one special Doctor, then hang on to him for dear life! ;-) :-) The first thing a Doctor will say when they can't find nothing wrong with you is that old famous line," ARE YOU DEPRESSED!!!! or do you have ANXIETY!!!! (& I reply) Well DOC of course I DO! Now if you can please alleviate my physical problem, & maybe just maybe the other 2 you mentioned WILL GO AWAY! I look at it this way Tina, your body is like a car that needs repair & Doctors are mechanics, the Surgeons repair & the MD's diagnose. So we all know its hard to find a good mechanic, but they are out there. Sometimes life is a battle when your health & mind is poor, but battle it is & I'm not going down without a fight.These are my instincts that I have in order for me to survive Tina, & also I have some of those symptoms you mention too. Its not always going to be easy finding the right Doctor for mind & body but you can do it Tina. :-)

guys its anxiety thats what it does to you i get it alot latly sometimes i just think about my headache or stomach ache i think i have cancer and i get these panic attacks and get depreesed i have been realy stressed out wich caused this. the best thing to do to make you stop your anxity or stress let it out talk to your parents/ or teachers/ friends its the best way i kept it in and it was driving me to a point i was ready to die till i finaly went and told my father and he explained me the problome and the anxiety stoped but i after i still think its something elese anxiety is a vey common thing more in tenagers or young adults.... so guys to deal with this lett it out talk about it !dont let it take you over it will make you sick.... and can cause realy bad depression and anxiety can cause suicide so allways talk about it allways !

My son had anxiety problem. At first, I did not knew how to deal with it. Lately, it got worse and he was in great agony. We found a doctor and he ran a HRV test (heart rate variability) and found out that his sympathetic and parasympathic nerve imbalance. SDNN Parasympathic nerve value was too low. He now on Omega 3 ( exttract fromPerilla leave), B5, Vitamin C to calm his nerve. Also learn how to breath when anxiety attack. Beath in deep and quick, breath out slow and long. He saw result in 3 day....I hope you try this method and hope it help.

GOD BLESS!

I feel like I can't breath all the time, no matter what I do I'm not getting the oxygen I need, well that's how it feels. I have serve anxiety. I'm always scared to die like I'm gonna die, stop breathing. I mean it feels so real..how do I get it to stop.