Hi, I had lesion to the spinal cord, and since than I’ve been having problems with my bladder. I have a condition called neurogenic bladder, and symptoms such as constant leaking small amounts of urine. Is it possible that spine and bladder are related?

Yes, problems with bladder can be related to spinal damages. In your case, lesion to the spinal cord led to condition called neurogenic bladder. This condition is inconvenient, because the nerves of the urinary system don’t work well when the bladder is full. Sometimes, it leads to urine leakage, and it makes this disorder difficult in psychological way. Neurogenic bladder usually can’t be completely cured, but excellent results can be achieved. Treatment depends on the cause of the nerve damage, but it usually involves drugs and catheter. If you noticed the connection between your spine condition and bladder problems, inform your doctor about that. When he knows the cause of your bladder problems, it will be easier to treat it.