So first off i guess i should start off with an introduction. My names Chris, i'm 23, i live in Wetaskiwin, Alberta, drive cement mixer truck. I have been having a problem with my vision lately and am a little confused and scared and need some help. Every once in a while i get these vision blacks outs and i cannot explain why i get them. What happens is first of all i get this big black fuzy spot right in the middle of my vision. It's like a big shadow right in the center of my vision. When this happens i can't see out the center of my vision. I can look at things out the side of my eye fairly fine but everything in the center of my vision is dark and fuzzy and i can't see. After this happens i start to feel sick to the stomach and i get a mild headache and my eyebrows ache alot, but mostly i just feel sick and feel like barfing. This last for sometimes 10,15 minutes. When it happens i go lay down and try to sleep it off. I don't why this happens. I use to think it was sunlight so i started to wear sunglasses more often. I only get these vision blackouts a few times a year. There was also a incident at work where i was moving these 5 gallon pails and puting them on a shelf. One fell off and the edge of the pail hit my eyebrow and cut it open. I had to get 3 stitches. Shortly after it hit my eyebrow i got one of these vision problems again. This concerns me and i hope it ain't nothing serious. Can somebody help. I'm always scared this might happen to me when i'm driving as it happens just out of no where. Thanks

Hi there! Eye and vision problems are fairly common after a brain injury so I believe it is related to your incident at work . Some vision problems can be due to trauma to the eye, but many other vision problems are actually caused by injury to your brain. The most common symptoms of the head injury are: Vision changes, Seizures, Headache, Dizziness, Difficulty concentrating, Memory loss, Depression, Anxiety. If you've suffered any kind of injury to the head that has resulted in changes in vision, getting prompt treatment is critical, it's important to see a doctor who can make sure that your eyes and brain are still working properly and that there are no vision problems that could show up later. I hope this will help.

Ya i here what your saying but my injury at work wasn't enough to give me brain damage. It just cut my eyebrow open a little bit and wasn't even a hard impact to my head. I didn't feel dizzy or nothing when it happened. These eye problems i have been having have been happening before my injury at work. So no it doesn't answer my concern but thanks anyway.

I hope I'm not answering this too late but you might want to see at night Dr just make sure your retina has not been detached.