ok i think this is all making sence to me now when i read your guy's post so heres mine and what i think.

i am most certainly thinking that we are all suffering from these becuase of strees, or anxiety. It all started for me when i lost my job and moved into this house where i had to stay alone for a month and didnt like it, (o ya keep in mind i was trying to quit smoking while staying at this house)so while i was there i was sitting down watching tv and thought that what i was seeing had already happend before (a very strong deja vu) and then the panic attack kicked in prob. becuase i was scared that i had some kindof brain probleme. Well after that first one i started having them every day once or twice followed by a panic attack. So i did some research on how deja-vu actually works and this is what i found ( im going to word this a little different though as i cant remember the big words it used but got the point of it) Aparently they are cause by a electric missfire in the brain and the brain mistakins the present from the past. And some can be caused by seizures or somthing like what one person discribed but that is another different case.

Any ways after getting these i started working out and they started to go away simply because working like running relieves stress. So i recomend doing this and see if it helps as it did for me and if it does its most likey stress if not prob. somthing else. O i also have now been going through anxiety and depression because im trying to quit smokeing marijuana but i havent had any deja vu sence i started working out more

im no expert in any thing medical just a 19 year old teen so i may be wrong on some of this and feel free to correct me!

thanks all!

I'm 18 years old and have been having these fits that your describing for about 2 years or so ranging anywhere from once a day to once a week, yesterday I had two particularly bad ones which is uncommon, but they both started with the deja vu feeling and ended in vomiting. I tried to fight it down like I always do but this time it was so much more powerful than it was before, I gave up fighting it when I realized I was going to vomit and then the feeling went away immediately after vomiting once. I can't decide to go to a doctor or not because on these forums alot of people say that their doctors just laugh them out of their offices.

I first experienced this feeling when I smoked pot for the first time when I was 15, then it happened to me every single time I smoked marijuana when i was 16, and 17 all about a year apart from each other. When I was 18 I had the feeling in school for the first time without the consumption of marijuana and it was incredibly frightening. I wrote an entire psychology essay on it which I'll attach if anyone wants to compare their experiences. Luckily, I sought treatment from a highly intelligent psychologist about a week after that episode in school. Through therapy and 20mg of Prozac a day I haven't had a severe episode since it happened. Although I do experience less severe episodes when I drink alcohol although not every time I get drunk. What's my advice? Never smoke marijuana, I haven't since my 3rd episode when I was 17, don't drink alcohol to get drunk, because that is known to cause the deja vu which will put you in the 'panic mode,' and lastly if you feel like your having an episode when you're sober the best thing you can do is to get in touch with God. If you don't think he exists and you get this feeling a lot try to pray and ask Jesus for strength. Honestly, it's worked for me EVERY time.

Here's the introduction to my psych essay.

If I was assigned this research paper before starting high school there would be a very slim chance of me conducting it on Panic Disorder. The summer of ninth grade I tried marijuana for the first time and suffered a severe panic attack. Being afraid to tell my parents that I smoked pot, I brushed the incident ‘under the furniture’ and left my horrible experience to eat away at me. The next summer, I smoked again and suffered another severe panic attack only to be dealt with the same way as my previous experience. The summer of eleventh grade arrived and I convinced myself that marijuana was fun, and that my bad experiences were simply a reaction to a stronger drug (that I mistakenly had instead of weed). So I smoked it again, and just as before I had yet another horrifying panic attack. This time I told my parents and felt as though I was in, oddly enough, a win-win situation. Now I knew that marijuana was the source of my problem and that honestly disliking the drug would be beneficial for me in the long run.

Unaware of my predisposition to anxiety/depression due to strong genetic loading, I had now become vulnerable to these disorders without even realizing it. You could imagine the horror I felt on the second day of my senior year after a normal game of dodge ball that turned into that same break with reality as if I had just smoked marijuana. The feeling of dread I experienced slipping into disassociation and depersonalization is something I would never wish on my worst enemies. So from that I can conclude what I already know about Panic Disorder.

I know that with Panic Disorder comes a great amount of symptoms that vary from person to person. In my particular case I start with a racing heart and a feeling of detachment from those around me. This is followed by an eerie calm where I have no control over my body and my thoughts. My mind races and I’m bombarded with illogical delusions of grandiose and déjà vu. I feel like I am trapped in a hell that repeats for eternity. The only way I can stop the episode is to ride it long enough to see a break in the pattern, to realize that it’s not actually repeating and to slow it down enough to come back to reality.

Thankfully, I got help from a psychiatrist and haven’t experienced a full-blown attack since that day in gym, although it has taken me a while to stop the everyday anxiety with a combination of Prozac and Benzodiazepines. Since I’ve proven to myself that a combination of medications and therapy could eliminate the actual panic attacks, I plan to observe subjects both with and without Panic Disorder to access their reactions to generally stressful situations. As anyone may expect, I believe individuals diagnosed with Panic Disorder will take stressful situations and turn them into inner battles and social antagonists, while people without the disorder will deal with the situation better.

I'm 14 and I've had deja vu ever since I was really young. I never ever remember my dreams, but once the deja vu happens, I know I saw it in a dream. For some reason it's been getting worse for about a month or so and it's really freaking me out.
Certain visions trigger the deja vu to happen and then when I think that it happened in my dream, my brain wanders and remembers other times I've had deja vu. This makes me extremely nauseous, I break out into a sweat, I get dizzy, and my face gets all red. I get it like once every hour and a half so it happens during school. My friends all know when I get it because I have to put my head down and then I can't concentrate on what we're doing because I'm trying to think about getting rid of it.
I recently found out that my dad gets the same thing because I was getting so nervous with this that I had to tell my parents. He said it gets really bad in September and October and then dies down a bit. I hate the feeling it give me and the way it makes me feel and it makes me feel really queezy.
Also, I play soccer and I'm a captain so in the beginning of the game I have to go to the reffs, meet the other team, and do the coin toss. I'm the speaking captain for my team so I have to call out heads or tails. I've honestly only gotten in wrong like three times. Another thing is that I did an online physcic test (I know it's not completely right but I just wanted to try it) and I had to guess what symbol or number came up. I would stare at the pictures for about thirty second and then one of them would seem to light up or give off a vibe and I would pick it. The test said I got all the things right and that I was deffinitely physic.
I just googled "deja vu that makes you sick" and this came up so I thought I'd just share this haha.

I really want to know what's going on and why this is happening so if someone reads this and knows the answer, PLEASE email me! I beg you, this is driving me insane and I really can't take it anymore.

I am 46 and have had deja vu several times in my life. I have also had a gift of perception from time to time. One example is having a song stuck in my head all day at work, one that is rarely ever played on the radio. I would get off work , get to my car ,turn on the stereo and guess what would be playing? My wife freaks out when a suitcase is called upon on Deal or no Deal and I will guess the exact amount before it is opened usually 3 in a row. Now with that said I had a deja vu experience that was so intense that I vomited. What was weird was all I was doing was watering a plant on the front porch. I have never had one again to that degree. It was creepy and disturbing and I don't care to have another.

Vasovagal response. I get them all the time for no apparent reason, but I don't ever actually faint.

I am happy to see that Im not alone in this. I dont have answer to why this is happening or what it is but I can describe what is happening to me - I wish to explain it to someone who understand it cause so far I gave up on talking about it to people because they dont understand it at all.
It started several years ago and in beginning it was weeker in intensity; It was like some deja vu about some video game I played or something like that. Afterwards it became more intense and I dont know what it was about; it happend randomly- sometimes nothing in several months, somethimes once in few months, sometimes 10 times a day. It even happens to me during night - I wake up several times in it... The thing is after it stops i apsolutely cannot remember ANY details about it (when it happens the feeling is so strong that I cannot bring my self to try remembering something about it cause Im completly concentrated in trying to get out of it) - all I remember is absolutely being certain that I saw it before and it is mixed up with overwhelming feeling of weekness, lost of all hope - like the devil him self enters my brain and assures me all is hopeless and there is nothing I can do - there is no thought that can help me then -like love or God...I was on EEG and magnetic resonance but they found nothing. This is having extremly bad influence in my life optimism and trying to acchive everything I wanted when I was younger. Plus Im sick almost all the time(imunity problems) and having problems with sleep... Nevertheless I feel love and care about people so I have strenght to fight this...
I would like if someone who understands contact me; It would mean allot to have someone who goes through this also to talk to

I have had some strange deja vu experiences, but the strangest was last night. I was over at my friends, and we were smoking marijuana. This by the way, isn't unusual for me. I smoke pot quite often, and can hold my own. Then the deja vu started, and lasted for about 2 hours. I was at my friends house, with her fiance and their new puppy that they had gotten a week prior. Well when the deja vu hit, It was as if I had already been there, having the same exact conversations, watching the same exact t.v shows, and playing with the exact same puppy. That, however, is impossible because I haven't seen her for over a month. It was almost to the point where I could predict what they were going to say next. Then, the really strange thing is, I kind of started to hallucinate. My friend and her fiance were contorting, and everything looked very different. On top of that, everything had a 2 dimensional type of look to it. I freaked out and went to the bathroom. The hallucinating only persisted for about 10 seconds. But even after I went to the bathroom and reassured myself, I was still having this extreme deja vu. It felt like I was never going to be normal again, and that I would be like this forever. I started thinking crazy thoughts about how I would never be normal again, and how I might be crazy, and how maybe I had experienced this in a parallel universe. I heard once that deja vu is something that you've experienced in another dimension or past life. I don't know if anyone has had an experience like this, but it really freaked me out. I would love to get some answers.

Like everyone else, I am very happy to find this web site.
I started having the extreme de ja vu's followed by sickness & cold sweats when i was around 18, they happened quite often.
They havent happened in about 9 years, and just now tonight it happened really bad at work.
It is just like everyone says, you get this feeling that you've been in this situation before, and it so overwhelming.

In response to tafarelli,
I get the EXACT same thing - the deja vu about some video game that I can't put my finger on.

Hi, I am 28 year old female and I have been having these intense Deja Vu experiences that started when I was in HS, so around 17 or 18 yrs old. I went to see a neurologist when I first started having them but they couldn't find anything in any of the tests. I am not on any medication, I don't plan on ever going on anything either. I hadn't yet tried recreational drugs when I first started having them, so I know that its not related to that. Years went by and I didnt really have any episodes until just recently, and now I have them all the time. They feel much stronger then when I had them in hs, but its the same thing.
I feel it coming and I try to think of something else to make it go away, and sometimes that helps. But other times, it just hits and everything slows down and this dream comes, its a dream that I know Ive had before, thats why it feels like dejavu, but I can't remember what it is now. When I am going through it, I remember everything and I try to concentrate on it so I can recall what it is, but I never really can. My stomach drops and I get hot and then cold, my hands get cold. I feel really weak and need to sit or put my head down after. I could be having a conversation with someone when it happens and I can't really respond while I'm in it, it lasts for a minute, maybe less. You can't really notice I'm having it because it just looks like I am thinking about something. Sometimes I get a rushing sound in my ears and then it fades away and I'm left feeling shaken.
I don't know what it is, but reading your posts, I know that we are going through the same thing. I wish I knew what it was...
I could go back to the doctor, but honestly, I don't feel that psychiatric medication that deals with anxiety or depression are really good for you, so I am not willing to see a doctor. I think talking about it helps, and knowing im not the only one.
As for my disposition, I am generally a happy person, I love being happy and I love feeling and being strong physically and mentally, to the best of my ability anyway, so I know I can deal with it. Believing in myself and reminding myself not to be scared after it happens, helps me shake it off a lot quicker. I think if I let it scare me(because sometimes it does), I would feel hopeless and that only prolongs the 'feeling', im not sure how to explain it. Also confiding in my husband really helps me too.
Anyway, best advice I can give right now, if your not planning on going to see a doctor, is to believe in yourself and not get scared. Maybe there is something that we are supposed to learn from it, of only we could remember what the f**k it is :O)

This is such a relief to find I am actually like a lot of the rest of humanity!! I thought I was having some sort of terrifying psychic visions, which were completely useless to me as I struggle to remember what they were as soon as the episode passes! Although I know they are almost to like a flashback to something I've done or somewhere I've been before - hence the dejavu. I have been on medication for depression for quite a few years now, however I was getting these attacks prior to going onto any medication. And like many of you, I won't get them for 6 months or so, then I'll go through a week or a month of them. At the moment I am getting 2 a day. Usually an hour or two after I'm up, but sometimes I'll get another in the afternoon. Last night I had one at work. I was working at an information counter and luckily I wasn't assisting anyone, but I can relate to the hearing what people are saying, but not really comprehending because the 'episode' takes my focus off them. It's like I've gone right into my head. While I'm 'in' it and the few minutes afterwards I feel really anxious and while it only lasts a minute I have trouble getting my sentences together to reply to whoever I'm talking to. I probably am tired & worried about a few things at the moment which has perhaps reduced my natural defenses against having them.

i've been having these since i was about 10.. now 17
only decided to google it last year to see if i could find anything on it
i was convinced at one point that i was seeing things from another life because the visions are of something you know you have seen before but at the same time you know you havnt.. because you just get small flashed of things, some of which are things that dont even exist. and you hear sounds as well which seem to feel liek they're haunting you
once its over its nearly impossible to make any sense of it.. other than remembering a few images

i'd love to know if there was an actaully diagnosed name for this!

when i'm having them it really gets me down... and i have it about twice a year over a period of about 2 weeks.. yet when i'm not having them i kinda miss them?

I am also relieved that others experience something my friends and family cannot understand. I am convinced my episodes are due to heavy use of cannibus and amphetamines. It often happens in places where I have spent long amounts of time focused on something while on amphetamines. I find the feeling interesting and not unpleasant unless I vomit or it happens at work or somewhere dangerous. The only time it has frightened me is when it happens when I'm driving and can't pull over, or while surfing in rough conditions. Thanks again for posting.

I have experienced it 4 times now in about a year incl. today. It always starts with that I wake up several times at night and feel disorientate, funny, warm, memory difficulties, fatigue, have div. hallucinations, this continues throughout the day, the seizures last for a few seconds and they are at a full day. 2 of the times I've had these hallucinations I've gone into convulsions during the day, (maybe due to dehydration, salt Ballance, plus metabolism or hyperventalering), I get warm in the body, get krilder in the stomach, sinking all the time. It's always the same dream that I dreamed about the night and I think when I get the seizures during the day, I can not remember what I felt and think before and after the seizures, but seizures feels it all as I thinking about the dream I dreamed at night, while I will disorientate can not make pictures in my head about how it looks outside, can not remember so well names, words, etc, I am quite warm in the stomach, the spin and sources uncomfortable, otherwise serve me best, I know it is not true, I know it's something I have dreamed, and I can do other things while I've tried to write down what I think and feel when I get hit by the attacks:
"Collect call", "call the police", "inspector gadget", "baby", "phone" "mobile", "wolf", "obstacle course", "poisonous animals such as. Snails", "laundry", "cycling "" ridde on animals "(I see these things for me and it feels natural, but I still know it's a dream I think, I just can not get the feeling away. Everything is so confusing in my head as if I dreamed, but it is only thoughts, I know all the time it is not genuine, it all feels like a dream dejavuu while I get a strong taste and smell in the nose, and becomes quite warm in the body)
My body is quite hot while it's like when you consider what you have dreamed of the night, but you just get overrumlet with it and you can not find head or tail of it, I know that what I feel and think is a dream, it's like a dejavuu, but I know it is not genuine. I could provoke seizures, I feel (so during the day where I get the seizures) and I can write down what I think of when I think of it, but afterwards I can not remember why I thought of exactly the things it makes sense while, but not afterwards. I am afraid when the seizures are rapid succession, because I am afraid that I go into convulsions.
It's like that every time I try to remember something or think of something specific, then mi brain taken over by this state of mind when I think of what I have dreamed, and it feels very close and meaningful in a few seconds, until I come all the way to myself and thinking what the hell it was, but I am always conscious.

It feels very logical at the moment the attack is on but afterwards, it's just black for me that I have felt and thought so, just until the next attack. I also have these attacks at night.

I have checked both EEG, MRI and CT sanning everything was normal.
I do not know what to do, already suffering from anxiety, migraine with aura and ADHD. Takes no medications nor birth-control pill.

ps. Have now had these seizures for 2 days, really scared

I have had somewhat similar symptomsat least once a month for the last 10yrs , I even had a brain scan that found nothing abnormal.
I am 54. What the f*** is it?