Hi, folks. My friend is an addict. However, he recently got another diagnosis. He has something that is called personality disorder. I would like to know if this kind of patients is more prone to addictions. I would really appreciate if someone could help me with this. Thank you in advance.

Hi, there. Your question is very good. I think that there is a connection. There are several studies that have been investigating this. Some positive results came up. Your friend must treat both his personality disorder and addiction. He cannot treat them separately. I hope everything will be all right with your friend. Good luck with all. Bye!

Hi to all. I think you are right. I have a friend who is a drug addict. I couldn’t understand why he did it. Only recently he has admitted to me that he has a personality disorder. He went to a psychiatrist. He told me he had to treat both of these disorders. I guess the similar situation is with your friend. I hope he will manage it. Bye!