My son has recently asked me a question about puberty, he just turned 16 and has pubes and armpit hair, but his penis hasn't hardly grown at all, frankly im quite worried myself, should I take him to the doctor or will it happen soon? as i mentioned he has just turned 16.

That sounds like a worrisome situation for a teen. I know that penis size is very important at that age especially. Unfortunately, penis size is often at its peak when a male reaches the age of 16 so I think your son's penis is done growing. I think that rather than take him to a doctor, it might be a better idea to talk to a counselor or a therapist so that he can work on some teen issues and realize that his penis size doesn't really make a difference. I know that whomever your son ends up loving, they won't care about the size and it won't make a difference. Good luck to you! Keep us posted on his progress.

Not everyone goes through puberty or develops at the same rate. It is possible that it's still growing. Did he start puberty early? How about the rest of his physical characteristics? Is he near his adult height?

Have him check the size charts too.

I think it's good that he's comfortable enough to tell you this. Let him know that it really doesn't matter how big his penis is.

Keep talking to him! Good luck.