i am 17, and have had vaginal mucus discharge for years
IS THIS NORMAL?!?!

- i have it throughout the day, it is basically the consistency of mucus: clear/cloudy, thick-ish, slimy
- i can feel it coming out
- if its something, COULD IT BE SERIOUS???!!?!

i dont have sex, and never have, so im worried if it's normal to have mucus discharge

It is normal, every girl has this cervical mucous. Some have more than others. It changes consistancy thoughout your cycle, it will be clear and slimy when you are most fertile

Readung tis helped me. im 15 and have had constant mucus discharge since 11. never had sex, and am now relieved thank you!

Im 15 as well and I have the same problem but it seems as if it is always there. There is alot of it and I always haev to were pantie liners. Does any one know how i can resduce it. And please don't say oh every girl has it cause iv talked to several and they don't get it nearly as much. Is there some sort of vitiman i can take or pill that will lessen it?

im 16 and i have the same problem too!!! its only been recently though , started about a couple weeks ago, and it happens when i pee, and sometimes when im laughing or i sneeze, so even sometimes when im jsut sitting there. i cant feel it come out, and its like clear sticky-ish goopy, foggy stuff. i thought it was really abnormal until reading this, thanks guys!

I am the oldest here (42) & have had the excessive discharge for 2 years now. I have been tested for STD's & I am all clear. I have even had my hormones checked - & all is good - I dont remember having a problem when I was in my teens. -- I have been going to different Dr.s & seems they keep saying it is normal -- This can't be normal -I can feel it coming out also & I have to wear a pad all the time - I cant live this way- Thank God I now have a Dr. that doesnt seem to think I am crazy -- she is going to check & see if I have polyps or fibroids. This is a start -- What I suggest to all of you, if you havent already, get tested for any STD's if all clear then ask the Dr. - whats the next step. That is what I did -- I am waiting for her to schedule me for the procedure. I dont want anything to be wrong with me, but something isnt right. I will let you all know what happens with me.

I am 13 and have this same symptooms that you guys are all talking about. I have read that it happens post-period. But I've been having it for months and I don't even have my period. My mom got hers late (at 15) so i think that may be when I get mine... but then this doesn't make sense.

Although It seems like many girls just get it not because their period's comin up... but something must have provoked it. but what??

i am glad that i took a look at this..cuz i thought i was at risk of something!!thank you all for the info!

im 17 to but i dont get it all the time just every once in a while is this normal as well?

My problem started about 2 years ago. It usually occures right after my period. I have had a tubal so when they say it's when your ovulating I become confused. The mucus discharge is so discusting. It's thick and slimmy and makes me want to just have my female organs out. I have had a surgical proceedure done that was supposed to eleminate the discharge but it was not useful. I find now my cervix is very low now and don't know if that is normal. Why after years of without the mucus (im 37) has it appeared? I am not sexually active. No STDs. What can be done to elimate this? Anyone know?

first of all, this is so annoying,. hen ever my boyfrind goes to finger me im so insecure about the disharge. is it a turn on?. Isthere anyway to make te discharge reduce? Also, it always makes me feel like i have to change my underwear all the time, and its embaresing when people go through my underwear and see the discharge stains. HELP!!

i am 13 and i hav the symptons as wel and i havnt had periods either

im 18 and ive been experiencing this for as long as i can remember i went to the gyno about a year ago to get checked and he said everything is normal and its common for girls to have this constant annoyance he offered me birth control or a hormonal pill i chose birth control it didnt do much. i just recently got off it and the discharge seems to happen most wen im active or moving a lot so i just use a tampon when i plpan on going some where i havnt experienced any problems down there and ive been doin it for a couple months now. just research the affects of having a tampon in reguraly.

im 18 and ive been experiencing this for as long as i can remember and i didnt start my period until i was 15 i went to the gyno about a year ago to get checked and he said everything is normal and its common for girls to have this constant annoyance he offered me birth control or a hormonal pill i chose birth control it didnt do much. i just recently got off it and the discharge seems to happen most wen im active or moving a lot so i just use a tampon when i plpan on going some where i havnt experienced any problems down there and ive been doin it for a couple months now. just research the affects of having a tampon in reguraly.

I'm 20, and I've had this problem on and off for the past six months. It comes after my period. I've had it checked out with a pelvic exam several times. In my case, it was BV (bacterial vaginosis...or vaginitis...something) which happens when the pH levels in your vagina change. It's completely treatable with either an oral pill or a topical cream (yes...that goes in your vagina). I'm not saying this is what you have, but it's something to think about and possible ask your doctor about.