hi,

im 15 and i've had this vaginal discharge for 3 years. at first i would only get it after my period and now i get it every day. i've never had sex.
my mum says its normal, but i dont believe it is, i've had it for 3 years!

it consists of
- yellow stains
- yellow chunky discharge, not to chunky but some thickness to it.
- and it smells, i dont know what, but not a very attractive smell

its embarrasing cause i can smell it, i dont believe other people can.
and sometimes i can feel it coming out
and sometimes white stains with a bit of crustyness to it.
and sometimes it can get a real thick deep type of yellow with some brown-ness in it.
i just want to get rid of it, it smells! and wrecks my underwear!

cheers for your help!

perfactly normal don't worry! if you worry about your underwear you might want to try using REALLY thin pantyliners every day? if the texture changes it might be a sign of an infection and a checkup might make you feel more comfortable. i find this easier with a female doctor, i know this can be embarrassing to bring up! there are scented pantyliners avaliable but chances are that other people can't small what you can smell!

lol, cheers but yeah i do wear pantyliners and the scent isnt enough
just said about the underwear to emphasize the point

come on, are you sure this is normal?

its not like liquid

it is a bit thick and crusty

i want to go to the doctor but i dont know.....mum says its normal, so she doesnt really see a point sorta, like she knows i dont like it...but hmm

and its really annoying cause it always feels dirty down there
like mucky and just unclean

hey yeah i have the exact same problem and im so terrified it is cervical cancer or something. it makes me feel really dirty :-(
i just want it to go away.
:'(
everyday i get this and some days its just mucousy discharge and other days it thick and chunky and stuff :-( im so scared

i definitely have the SAME EXACT THING.
i thought it was a yeast infection or something,
or maybe even clamidia. and i'm really embarrassed about
it as well. i even want to go and see a gynocologist.
i didn't really talk about it to my mom, i just told
her that it was a yeast infection and to buy me stuff for it.
soooo yeah.

my life is at a low point.

i have the SAME EXACT THING!! exactly the same!!! i havent told my mom @ all, but i wil soon...i hate it too, its gross! im not an unclean person, same age as you, but it feels disqusting!! but ive heard that discharge is normal so...idk

Hello lauren91, bUnique92.

What you're describing sounds like totally normal vaginal discharge. Anywhere from thick like snot to thin and watery, white or clear or even yellow is all normal. The smell may be non-existent or a bit musky (I dunno, just smells like woman to me!) but so long as it doesn't smell rotten or like bread dough you should be fine. The flaky stuff in your panties is surely annoying as c**p, but also normal. It's just dried discharge. If it itches or bothers you, you might try to rub it off with TP when you use the restroom.

At your age I had exactly the same thoughts about it, that it was gross and unclean, but it's really not. It's a normal (and very healthy!) part of you vagina's self-cleansing cycle. If it bothers you too badly, you might try lightly scented panty-liners (so long as they don't irritate you) or freshen up with a baby-wipe throughout the day.

I think now I worry more if it doesn't happen than if it does, lol. Hope things work out for you guys.

hey i got de same thing but it doesnt smell and its watery and i sumtyms feel it comeing out iit's realu annoying..and i havent started puberty..does any1 know what it is?

none of u need to worry, from what i can tell..
a couple years before my first period i got this mucus discharge, exactly what all of you are describing. i was worried at first but its been over ten yrs since ive had it and now i kno its super normal
kinda gross but what i do to save my undies is use a thin layer of toilet paper, or a liner if its handy.. but toilet paper comes easier and can be thrown away easily. its frickin annoying having to deal with it but don't worry, every girl out there has got it. It obviously ranges from women to women but it happens!!!

stay dry! haha

hey i have the exact same thing i think, it feels so gross.. and im 15 and a virgin too... im realy worried and your posts have really helped.. i even went to see a doctor and she was like its normal and like something like that it was for preparation for sex... and that made me think, wont it be anoying or freaky for the guy during sex?

please reply:)

I'm not exactly sure where people get that this is normal. Discharge that isn't clear and has a unpleasant odor is far from normal. I had this for a long time and felt disgusting... everyone tried to tell me it was normal... finally I got to the point I knew better and went to the doctor and found out I had bacterial vaginosis... A very unnormal infection that in it's late serious phases can even cause sterility... After having it so long it took several rounds of antibiotics and to the point I had cysts and such for it being untreated and ignored for so long.... It's an easy fix... a couple weeks of antibiotics and wah lah, over. It's sometimes yellow then brownish then greenish and smells "fishy" Go to the doctor... you will feel so relieved and silly for trying to hide it for so long.

but i researched bacterial vaginosis in the internet and it said it was more often present in people that are sexually active, which I am not. It's like cloudy white and when it gets dry on the underwear its when it gets yellow. Ive never seen it get green or even brown i dont think so. It smells, I dont know of what exactly, I dont think its a fishy smell. I'm really worried I dont wanna be like infertile when i grow up or something, im only 15.
please help!!!

i have the same thing! i just use Google, trying to find something out, but i just keep getting back sti's and std's. but i know that my bf and i are both clean. so i don't know what it could be. other than a pH in balance, or just...idk. it's just annoying. is there a different way of eating that i could try? like cutting out sweets? or drinking more water? something that would fix my pH if it was outta tune?

9 out of 10 times it's that thick stuff, but every once and a while, it's a like a thin yellow liquid, but it dries up.

i just want some advice to stop it. :$

I also have the same thing. I'm eighteen and I've had it for about a year or so now. It is so disgusting and embarrassing. I thought and still do think it was thrush so I got cream for it but it didn't go away, so I guess it's not. It started off fairly light but it got so bad that I had to go to the doctor. It still hasn't cleared up and still fairly thick. It was really embarrassing when other people would wash my underwear so I started taking them with me in the shower and getting all the crusty stuff off. It really sucks and makes sex really bad. I don't want this to be normal! So if there's anyone out there who knows a solution like some types of food that you can eat to get hormonal or whatever balance right or whatever which might clear it up?