I really need hear from others if anyone else has this feeling that some noises drives you crazy. I mean about noises that drive you crazy, like the kids crunching on their cereal really loud. Especially I became crazy when I hear someone chewing gum. I was thinking that was about anxiety that I suffer from. Anyway, I need to know if there is anyone else with the same problem, because I really think I am going crazy.

I had feeling I am alone on this issue, because I was sure nobody have something like that. I know it sucks, but off course it is good to know there is more of us in this world. I have anxiety too, and seems like we have the same problem. I know how you all feel, and I know how noise can drive crazy. Especially gum smackers make me so crazy I could kill them or myself! My parents thought it would go away when I got older, and by the way no doctor has told me I had some problems beside anxiety. Anyway 20 years and a couple of shrink visits later it hasn't gone away, and nor has it improved. I can fuction normally at a dinner event with people, of course with some anxiety, but still with my family since they know I have the problem I cannot deal with the anxiety and refuse to eat with them. As a kid I used earplugs at the dinner table. I even broke up with a good girlfirend because she began to annoy me with the way she ate. I didn't want her think I was crazy. So I made up a stupid reason to break up with her. I feel like this anxiety is in control of my life.

OMG the same thing happens to me, like someone tapping there shoe or smacking gum, chewing ice, just freaks me out.