Hi, I have a problem with my stomach and bowel noises. They are too loud, and I had many embarrassing situations because of them. Everyone knows when I’m having gases, and I often rather stay at home because of that. What should I do?

Hi, I had the same troubles for a long time, until I went to examination. A doctor asked me about my bowel habits, and did a colonoscopy. The final diagnose was that I have irritable bowel syndrome, with gas problems. I would never even know about it if I didn’t have those irritating stomach noises. I tried activated charcoal, but it didn’t help much. A doctor also told me to try simitecone, which I attend to do. There is also one medicine I heard about, I think it’s called lycopodium. It should also be good. I am trying to avoid all the foods that cause gases, like bean, broccoli and cabbage, and I think you should too.

Hello everyone I am currently 25 years old and these stomach noises have been causing me so many problems. I really started to notice my stomach noises when I was like 19 years old. Once I graduated from my university the stomach noises seem to have gotten worse. I hate having to do any kind of training, because I get soo scared that my stomach will start to make some type of noise. I actually had to resign from a government job, because the training was 4 months long and I had to spend 80% of my time in a quiet room. I was doing pretty good for the first 4 weeks, but then I got a tetaneous shot and a hepatitis shot and everything went down hill.

I will have to go through another training, which will be a week long, 8 hours a day. I wish I didn't have to do this training, but I guess I have no other alternative. I also want to get my masters, but I guess I will have to try to get it online. There are some schools like Boston University, Michigan State, Texas Tech, Florida State, Penn State and University of Houston that offer degrees online. I hope this helps for those who are in school and hate going to class. I am now trying to go to a career path that does not make me work in a quiet environment.

One thing that helped me a great deal was taking fiber pills (metamucil). My routine would start out like this, wake up and try to do #2, then take 2 fiber pills and have breakfast. I would like like 20 fiber pills with me, just incase I heard any noises. I would have lunch and then try to do #2 again and take 2 more fiber pills. I would also take water with me and also something to drink on that was carbonated. I think that if you flush food through your system, by using the restroom, then this may help with the stomach noises. It did for me until I got the darn tetaneous and hepatitus shot.

One other thing that I noticed helped a great deal was running or probably any other excercise. I remember one time I had to run 1.5 miles before lunch and I didn't eat anything, I just drank water. I showered and went to class and I was thinking that I was sure to have stomach noises. I was soo surprised that my stomach did not make one noise.

I went to go and see a doctor in another country (Mexico) since I don't have insurance right now. He checked me out and said that my heart beat is like off on the 11th beat or something like that. He said that it was nothing to worry about, but that this may be the reason for my stomach noises. He asked if I had been excercising lately and I said no. He asked if I had any chest pains and I said a couple times and he said that I should start to excercise everyday. He also gave me this medication, Creon and this other medication. I am taking them right now, but I don't know if they are really working, since my stomach has been feeling about the same. The doctor told me to stay away from processed foods, such as sausages and not to any spices (garlic, pepper, cumin and other spices) he also said not to eat any spicy foods. I am also lactose intollerant, so I don't drink any dairy products. I think I am also alergic to glutons, so I stay away from wheat, barly and oats.

One other thing that I have not done yet, but am thinking about is taking milk thistle to try to help my liver process foods. I don't want to do this yet, until I have finished my training. I don't want to experiment right now before I go to training.

Well good luck to everyone and I hope we can deal with our problem. It would be nice if we could all work for the same company and we didn't have to worry about our stomach noises.

Interesting post. I too have noticed that exercise seems to lessen the stomach noises, and as it happens i have a heart flutter/misfire as well.

The things I´ve found helpful (though not solved my problem) are ginger root capsules or ginger root candies. I also recommend trying cayenne pepper capsules as this is supposed to help heal stomachs (ie ulcers) or try enzymes.

I´ve just ordered some charcoal capsules and hopefully that will stop the bloating and gas.

I remember reading that stomach noises are typically from bile being cycled through your system (approx every 20 minutes) and if thereś no food in there it makes the noise - hence stomach growling when hungry. And I have to say, hard candies like jolly ranchers are pretty good at helping in tense situatios like classrooms or meetings.

It's an awful problem to have and anyone who suffers from it has my deepest sympathies.

i suffer from the same digestive problem. it is more of an embarrassment than anything else. my social life as well as my education has suffered because i am preoccupied/worried about my stomach noises in (quiet) meetings/classes/movies, etc.

i wish there was a pill or supplement i could take. i just need a solution to this long-term problem i have had most of my adult life!

any solutions as yet?

thanks! m.h.

Hi:
Another member wrote in with the same problem and a simple solution that it took her years to discover. It was Alka-Seltzer! She was so shocked that she had never considered trying it. She said that she keeps it with her at all times. Have you tried Alka-Seltzer? I hope that it works for you...Let us know how it goes.

Yes dsdesk, good thinking. This is great thing, according to my father. He had this problems all the time, and he would get so embarrassed that sometimes when we would have guest over for dinner, in the middle of conversation he stands up and leaves the room. He has been using this for some time now and he is much better. Hop that this helps you too guys. All the best.

Hi:
I am so anxious to know if this worked for you. This was one of the simple solutions that is exciting to hear about. It can help so many people. What did you discover? If it worked, you must feel like you have a new lease on life. Please let us know what's going on with you. We'll be waiting to hear from you.