In the past few years I've been getting REALLY angry when I hear chewing sounds or anything even remotely close.. keyboard (when I'm not typing), actual chewing, tapping a finger, clock ticking... No matter what the time of day, the second I hear it I'm automatically angry. It makes me want to cry. The biggest one is when my cats are licking themselves or someone eats near me. Sounds of the mouth.. I don't know, I just wish they weren't so irritating.

A loud noise really hurts me, especially crying or long.. sustained, not-singing-esque noises. Cars and motors are fine, though..

Sometimes I feel as if I should be wearing ear muffs or ear plugs.. sometimes it actually hurts. Like, for example, right now the keyboard is making my ears pound and I'm crying.

Guh, it's so annoying. Someone please help me, it's hurting my life, the electric bill (I have to have a heater on at night to keep a constant noise so that I don't hear mom snoring..)

Please, please give me tips on what I should do.

Hopeful,

Jennifer

Disposable ear plugs would have been a great solution for hypersensitivity to noise. You can wear them unobtrusively. You don't need a heater to muffle the snoring noise at night. An ordinary electric fan will do and will save on electricity compared to the electric heater.

I used to use a fan, but nowadays I'm extremely cold almost every minute of the day. I constantly must wear a jacket, and at night well.. the heater helps me.

Thanks for the help about the ear plugs.. I was thinking I should just be wearing ear muffs xD

Sorry to post so long after original but I have had this problem since a very young age and there has been nothing I can do to control it other than just avoiding the situation of hearing certain thing that trigger my anger. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use