I have non-epileptic seizures (myoclonic) that occur prior to and during menstruation. I have about 1 good week a month where I have no seizures and that is the week after ovulation. My gynecologist has given me a shot of Lupron to stop my periods for 3 months--to see if my seizures will stop. I am wondering if you can tell me any more information as to why this might be happening. Thank you.

I have complex partial seizures and after tons of medications that did not work I started recording my seizures and I realized the same thing you did - they occur strong around my mentrual cycle. I alsays know when it is coming because my seizures start up.
I am wondering that if I get off my birth control maybe my seizures will stop or at least lesson a bit. Are you on birrt control? Please let me know how that med works for you!!!!

Pamela

***this post is edited by moderator *** ***
private e-mails not allowed***
Please read our Terms of Use

Guest wrote:Hello pam, Im writing to you due to what you wrote about you being on birth control, now having seizures. Im in the same boat you are now :( im sorry to hear that. Please get back to me. I'm Dying to know how your doing? 

I have the exact problem. I have had good luck with the Lupron till the end of the three months, or I get my period