I had pretty much no bleeding over the couple of days after. Just brown spotting. I've been off my feet and resting, taking my meds, etc. Then today (3 days post op) I'm having bleeding. Nothing heavy but it's red and like a period. I'm also having a weird twinge in my lower left abdomen. It's not constant but happens fairly frequently. It's not a sharp pain but more like a pinching feeling that lasts a couple of seconds.

That is normal =)

Your body is getting rid of any residual uterine lining left from the abortion, not pregnancy tissue..

You may also pass a clot or two, which can cause weird twinges of pain or cramps.

Thanks Carifairy!

I can't thank you enough for the words that have comforted me during this. You are an angel and I know that you have helped so many women.

You know, leave it to me to totally screw myself up. As if going through an abortion weren't enough, somehow I messed up my foot/ankle/lower leg the day of the abortion and then today I slipped on my son's stuffed animal that was on the stairs. Granted, it was only three or four stairs but I landed right on my butt and now it hurts like crazy! Apparently, I can't catch a break.