I am a mother of two ...happily married and decided to have an abortion after failed birth control. The abortion was simple (I was 9 weeks)...I had I.V. sedation and I don't remember a thing. I'm kinda worried though cause I have little bleeding...yesterday after the procedure I bled like a light period then by last night it was just brown spotting. Today it is just brown spotting as well. I was given an antibiotic and another medicine to help shrink and contract my uterus. I'm afraid that after those pills run out, my bleeding will start.
Has anyone experienced very little bleeding and no cramping after an abortion?

I have had more than one abortion, and I never bled much at all, mostly just spotting.

I also work in abortion, and most of our patients do not bleed much at all.

A tip I can give you is this. As the days go by, the more active you are the more you will bleed, this is because physical activity affects the uterus.

Thank you Carifairy! That makes me feel alot better. One more question....for about the past few hours, I have been having alot of lower back pain. Just came on all of a sudden. I've been using a heating pad which helps but do you think this is related to the abortion? Thanks again!

For some women, uterine pain feels more like back pain, instead of abdominal pain. Just like some women have 'back labor', and they feel a lot in their back.

I would suspect that it is your uterus continuing to contract back to it's normal size.

Another possibility is the methergine, the uterus contracting drug. It can cause leg cramps in some women, but can also cause some cramping in other muscles in the body.

Hello i have the same experience... i had abortion pill yesterday and well u had severe cramps and strong bleeding. Two gone out from my body first was like a soft big white tissues and other one is a soft round covered with blood... but today i was just shocked coz my bleeding stopped already.. does it mean it wasnt successful please. Help me...