Not sure what's going on. Pls respond if you have experienced this. Had an abortion 4 wks ago yesterday (was 6 wks along). No complications afterward. very little bleeding. No pain. Went in for my post check up 1 wk ago. All was fine. Went on with life as normal and waiting for normal period to start. I had very sporadic and little bleeding so I only had on a panty liner for the last four wks.
On Monday, 4/19, I went to a 3 hr meeting in a dress with only a panty liner on. While there, I started to feel very mild cramping. No big deal. However, when we went to break and I went to stand up, I felt something drizzling down my leg. I tried to cross my legs to stop it but nothing worked. I stopped to look and there were several streams of blood flowing down my leg. It was the most blood I've ever seen and there was no slowing it down. I stood there in shock until A lady sitting next to me helped me get to the bathroom. When I went to pull down my panty, a glob of blood clot flopped on the bathroom floor. It was almost as long and wide as my hand. Then a gush, I mean a gush of blood, like if you were pregnant and your water broke, poured onto the bathroom floor. I finally just sat down on the toilet, shocked, with blood all over the floor, all over my leg and the toilet.
At this point, there was no pain or cramping but still bleeding. Not as much as the initial onset but heavier than my heaviest period. I could tell by seeing how many drops of blood was dripping into the toilet as I sat there. The lady helped me clean up while I called my doctor to find out what was going on. The nurse on the phone kept insisting that I had simply started my period but I know that wasn't all it was. They finally believed me and had me go in asap to the clinic and the doctor at the clinic wasn't sure what was happening either. She did an ultra sound just to make sure there wasn't anything left behind from the abortion, which there wasn't but said that there was a bunch of "clots" or "gunk" as she put it, in my uterus. She said I was bleeding too much and needed it to stop. She prescribed .2 mg of methergine, which was to help stop the bleeding. It's been two days since this whole incident and I am now bleeding normally but I noticed this morning that when I push on my stomach, just above where my uterus is, the area is hard, which is not normal. I'm debating if I should go back to the doctor or wait it out. Anyone with any input or similar experiences?

Hi honey! I have a feeling that IF it was a surgical abortion then they might have caused a tear or a nick! So don't wait any longer I want you get in there right away - even go to the hospital! The hardness can mean you have a LOT of blood so please don't wait OK? Good luck and health honey and let me know how you make out!

glendazz,
When you went back to the doctor, was it the doctor who performed your abortion? I would go to your REGULAR doctor(OBGYN) to have him/her check you out. The big "glob" DOES NOT sound normal. I would definetely go to a regular doctor, not the abortion doctor. Please be sure to do so. Those signs are a bit worrysome. Hugs to you.

Hizgrace

Thanks for your input. I had called my regular obgyn when this occurred but because they were not the ones who performed the abortion (I had to wait too long to get an appt so I went to planned parenthood who got in me within a few days), they redirected me back to the clinic where I had it done. Legal issues supposedly. Unfortunately, the planned parenthood clinic where I had the procedure done at did not have any openings on the day this occurred, so I was given two options by the on call nurse, 1) go to the ER or 2) go to the earliest open clinic appt at planned parenthood, which was at a different location. I figured the wait would be shorter at the clinic than the ER. I'm going to go back for a follow up but wanted to see if anyone had ever experienced anything like that.

Hi honey! I have NOT had an abortion, but I have known and counselled women that have! And this does happen - it is usually more common when there is tissue left, OR there was a nick! IF you go to the ER, it doesn't matter who did the procedure, so if it continues go straight to the ER OK? Good luck and health honey!