3 weeks ago i had a medical abortion.

11 days ago (two weeks after the abortion) a condom split.
10 days ago (the morning after) i had the morning after pill.

today, i do a pregnancy test and it reads very faintly positive.

is this due to hormones still in my body from the abortion?

or has the pill failed and i am pregnant again?

please help :-( x

Hi Honey! I would hazzard a guess that your Pregnancy hormones are still high from the abortion! You used a condom - granted it spilt, then you used the morning after pill - which in itself has a 98% effective rate! Wait 1 more week, then take another test, or you can go to your doctor and get a blood test! Am I correct in thinking you do NOT want children? If so, can I ask why you aren't on BCP?

i did have a same problem,my girlfriend just had a medical abortion 14 days ago and today we ahd a unprotected sex,can i use emergency contraceptive in that case?do it works? do it have any problems in fiture?i need some serious answers!

I have to say I am ASTOUNDED that you guys had unprotected sex after having gone through an abortion!! Under regular circumstances I would advise her to take Plan B! BUT due the trauma her uterus just went through I am VERY concerned for her health IF she had plan B! I think this is one of the most serious posts I've done! And I am WORRIED about her health! As when you have a birth, miscarriage, abortion, etopic pregnancy, your hormones are VERY high and you are more likely to get pregnant shortly after! I am NOT a doctor! So I think she should call the doctor that did the abortion, or phone the planned parenthood clinic! BEFORE doing anything! This is not about being pregnant anymore this is about HER health! So phone a doctor! Even then I don't think they come by many people that have recently gone through an abortion and then went and had unprotected sex shortly after! This is DANGEROUS! So I wish her the best of health! And I hope you both value her health a LOT more than you have!

What happened in your situation?