Hi, I had a surgical abortion on the 18 of August and (yesterday) and i had read previously on the internet and heard from people who had done it before me that I am supposed to blled right after i had it yet when i came home all i had was some brown liquidy discharge and no blood at all, i was also told to take the pill starting the night of the abortion and i have but is that  normal? shouldn't i have bled? I really dont want to do the procedure again i hope i am normal.

Phone the clinic back that you went to and ask if this is normal, if not then they'll likely offer you another scan just to see what's going on - some people don't bleed heavy or for long, everyone's body is different and things affect people in different way. Try not to worry too much

Thank you so much for your post. The same thing is happening to me at the moment. I want in for my procedure today. I had no bleeding after taking the pills before the procedure. And I haven't had any bleeding since the procedure was done. Merely brown spotting which is likely to be old blood following the procedure, but no new bright red blood as we should afterwards. Did you follow up with your heaalthcare facility and what was the outcome? I am just afraid that the procedure was in fact not complete.

Hello, Its been a year or so, and i am back to normal, i didn't bleed after the procedure as they said i would, i bled three or four days later, and it was quite painful with clots , it didn't stop for roughly three months, the pain left and the clots but i just kept bleeding irregularly and if not had discharge that was red. I went back to the clinic and they injected me with something to make my hormones normalize and i have had a normal cycle since then. If you feel something is not right go to your doctor and they will know how to help you, if you feel strange at all please go back and tell them they will find out whats wrong.Take care of yourself.

Thank you so much for you reply, it really eases my mind so much xxx