I got a abortion about 5days ago and they said no sex for 2 weeks, but i had sexs on the 5thday and will that do anything? Do I have to worry about anything?

no sex for two weeks so you do not hurt yourself: you need time to heal.
When you go to your follow up appointment tell them and they will make sure you havent hurt yourself.

Don't do it. I did about 3 weeks after and left a big mess on my boyfriend bed :$ Even though I wasn't bleeding or spotting for about a week.

Hi

I had an abortion about a week ago and in some places it says you can have sex a week after and some places its 2 weeks - does anyone know which is correct??

I think that the standard is at least one week. The reason is that your cervix needs to close back up so that no bacteria can get up inside your uterus and cause an infection. Some places say to wait until you've stopped bleeding but i think that's a bit much. Generally, you should go for your post abortion check-up and have your doctor check your cervix to see that everything's ok first. Mine app wasn't until 2 weeks after and I caved a few days before but I knew that I felt ok.

The best thing to do is wait it out, do not have any sex for a couple weeks after the abortion. I had an abortion and 4 days later i had sex.. and i bled heavier then i was before.. and since then it has been about 3 weeks.. and i stopped bleeding completely so i had sex again and now I'm regulary bleeding again.. so wait it out because you never know what is going to happen..

Well as much as I know you are not to have sex until the follow up because you need time to heal your uterus and cervix. So it's not a good idea to have sex so soon after an abortion. You just had surgery and you can get an infection there. Also they told me (at the clinic) it is a lot easier to get pregnant, (as well as) NOTHING INTO YOUR VAGINA FOR 2 WEEKS!! So good luck and be smart and not so turned on! wait! lol

this is a question 4 my friend?
she had any abortion about a month or so ago
& they told her like NOTHING in there 4 like 4 weeks
but she only waited about 2 & did it anyways
she didnt use a condom which they told her too
& she's on depo now but still could she be pregnant again
bcuz she said that her pee smelled different when she was pregnant
but after the abortion it was normal but now after shes had sex
its smells like it did when she was pregnant so yeah?
anyone know anything about that... PLEASE HELP =]

KattiieBabyy, she could. They say it is much much more likely to become pregnant after an abortion. So it's better to be safe then sorry. She should take a test just to make sure.

^

A home pregnancy test will turn up positive for several weeks after an abortion. Going to a doctor's or even a planned parenthood (which I believe does free pregnancy tests) would probably be more accurate.

i had sex 2nd day after abortion. i wasnt and didnt bleed at all. hmmm i wonder what my doctor will tell me on the next visit o.O o.O :shock

I have abortion a week ago because infected with rubella in 1st tri of pregnancy tat is bad for the growing baby inside me and continue a week period(still pregnant) and now im having intercourse with my patner already because plan to have baby as soon as possible again but im worry i will get infection because my sister get PID but she didnt rest after abortion and have std so i scare i will suffer the same because rush to get pregnant again..I dont wan to have another abortion or miscariage again because I really wan child..Is it good to have intercourse so fast?I really dont have to have any infection tat will effect my health more because i already have a weak body!

You need to wait at least 1 week to have sex, or risk of infection is high.

You should really wait 1 month after an abortion to get pregannt again, it allows healing time.

I had an abortion three weeks ago. And I haven't had sex b/c of the procedure. But I wanna have protected sex with my partner, it is possible I can get infected with anything? Oh I started taking birth control after the procedure and I have been spotting since. Is it okay to have sex? Or wait it out?

Thank you.

For a long time I had wondered if what this sicko named Karl Eugene Chamberlain (who was executed by the State of Texas for a rape/murder of a woman) had said was true in his confession. I don't want to repeat what he said because it's just so awful and graphic if you consider the totality of what he did, but it's on the second page of his handwritten confession, lines 6-7. The fact he knew she had just had an abortion I assume must mean what he said was the truth. But God, what a worthless person he is.