My brother told me about some Australian Food and Nutrition Monitoring Unit. He said that is program responsible for ongoing monitoring and surveillance of the food and nutrition system. Since I was always approved health life and health nutrition, I want to know what this is. I need more info about this nutrition related program, so if you can tell me about kinds and field of its works.

Collection and interpretation of food and nutrition information is a key to policy development and program planning. The Australian Food and Nutrition Monitoring Unit are funded by the Commonwealth Department of Health and Ageing. It is responsible for ongoing monitoring and surveillance of the food and nutrition system. A summary of activities and reports, plus full documents to view or download is very valuable resource for public health practitioners. Consultation with the users of population health nutrition and experts in monitoring nutrition indicators will guide the process of outlining data requirements. Off course here are included and analysis needs, dissemination options, and other functions of a co-ordinate program. Practitioners implementing Public Health Nutrition related programs cover a diverse range of professionals from both the health and education sectors. The potential for other sectors such as the food industry and retail sector, the health and fitness industry, and the catering and hospitality industry to influence the nutrition of the population indicates the importance of training and information for these workers.