Hello guys.

My dog’s immune system is very fragile. He catches a cold almost every week or two. I am very upset because of that. I feel sorry for her because I know how much I hate to be sick. Two days ago my neighbor told me that I need to change her eating habits and to give her more raw foods because that kind of food is richer in nutrients like vitamins, minerals and so on.

After that, I found this diet called BARF based on raw food. I have read some reviews and I think it is pretty good. However, before I start feeding my dog like this I want to know are there any health risks of BARF diet?

Hello there. I feel sorry for your dog. I also hate when I am sick, it is so annoying. When it comes to BARF diet I have only good things to say. This way of feeding dogs is suggested by Ian Billinghurst. He thought this way of feeding dogs is the healthiest and also the most similar to dogs’ original eating habits. There are two stories about the name BARF. One says that BARF stands for Bones and Raw Food and the second says this is acronym for Biologically Appropriate Raw Food. I find those two acronyms very similar.

In my opinion there aren’t any health risks of this diet (if you use organic fresh raw food of course).

I am still against BARF diet as I think it is too rigid. Of course, the raw diet is the best for your dog and be sure to feed him that way.

There aren’t any dangers of raw diet, unless your dog has some GI issues, but for that you need to consult your vet. Also, pay attention that you always buy fresh meat because of bacteria. A balanced diet is obliged and you must know your dog’s daily nutrition plan. The last, and not the least, take care of whole bones as your dog can break his teeth or choke on them.

Hey. I am really sorry to hear this. Even if we know that this is one healthy diet program for our pets, yes, there are some risks as well. You should be concerned about the bacteria, that is actually the main problem that you can find. But, you should find someone from trust, and you should always, but always buy from someone who you know. I don’t know a lot of people who had some health risks of BARF diet program, but it is true that you should be careful.

I really hope that everything will be just fine with your dog. 

I am not against this diet program – at all! I feed my pet with this diet program for a long time, and I am buying all healthy and fresh groceries. I didn’t have any problems with it. Never. Maybe someone had this problem, but I didn’t and I really can’t talk from my own experience. I know that feeding dogs with BARF diet program or raw diet program is public concern. I don’t think so, it is safe and proper and I like it.

So, my advice for you is to feed your dog with BARF diet program :)

I have all positive things to say about this. 

Hello I am against this diet program. I can’t talk from my experience, because I don’t have a pet since my dog died three years ago, but my friend doesn’t have so nice experience about this diet program. She told me that she was buying the groceries from some guy and her dog was really sick. He got some bacteria and she was struggling with this bacteria for a very long time. I suppose that meat was not fresh, but I can’t tell. But, this is why I am against this diet program. I am not saying that this one is not good, but I don’t like it…

Hello there.

I will share my experience with BARF diet.

Six years ago I got two puppies as a present. I didn’t have any experience with pets and feeding them so I thought that the best food for them is expensive canned food from supermarkets. That wasn’t the best idea since my dogs were sick all the time. They had all kinds of allergies and also serious skin problems. One day, mu coworker told me about BARF diet and I decided to try it with my dogs. Since then, I’m feeding my dogs according to this diet and I assure you that this is my best choice ever. My dogs are now 100 % healthy and full of energy.

To sum up, if you use fresh raw food there are no health risks.

I am feeding my dog according to BARF diet so I think I am competent to take participation in this topic. I am feeding my lab this way since he was a puppy. I hardly remember that he was sick at all. His immune system is perfect and I believe that the reason is exactly this- way of feeding. Also he is such an active dog and he is so cheerful. His gold hair is flawless and so shiny.

To summarize, I believe that BARF is the perfect way of feeding dogs and every dog owner should practice it. Health risks don’t exist if the meat is fresh and clean.